need help with cfl grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by agog86, Jul 1, 2015.

1. im am new to growing and just started a closet grow with one feminized nl seed 4 23 watt daylight cfls a fan and humidifier my temp ranges from 75 to 82 degrees and humidity from 51 to 78 percent I keep lights about 1 to 2 inch from plant the soil is a organic starter soil from walmart that has perlite soil vermiculite and peat moss its quite fluffy and seems to drain well and has no added nutes I started by germinating and seed germed in 2 days and then I planted about 1/4 in into soil and wet soil with mild mix of ph water at 6.5 and fox farm grow big nute and topped off with plain ph water in a milk jug cut in half till water ran out bottom of drain holes within two days the seedling had broke the surface and could see first set of leaves starting within a few days the plant was growing well and was about 1 inch tall but then I started to notice leaves were yellowing on tips about day 14 I decided to transplant to fresh soil in a solo cup and flush with water I noticed when I transplanted there was no root structure yet im now on day 17 and 2nd set is already popped up and seem healthy but first two leaves still yellow and brown and my plant doesn't seem to be growing very fast. I attached a pic let me know what you guys think

Attached Files:

• 012.jpg
      012.jpg
      File size:
      295.9 KB
      Views:
  2. anybody? Just changed grow medium to mix of 60percent peat moss and 40 perlite gonna do next plant in cocoa coir and perlite or bubbleponics

3. It looks like too much Nutes!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

4. Its a seedling...I would leave it alone for a while unless it needs watering (plain pH h20)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

5. Yep it's classic Nute burn! Do not fertilize or feed seedlings! They are too young to handle the nutes.. A seedling has more than enough "food" stored inside itself to germinate and form the first set of sun leaves on its own.. Some people say to wait 2 weeks before you start to feed, I personally wait at least four weeks.. Most of the time I don't feed until the plant is ready to start flowering, and I continue through harvest.. Be careful with the nutes! Overwatering and over feeding are the most common problems in this world..

6. Transplant that puppy and flush it with fresh water.. Put those nutes back on the shelf for a few more weeks.. It may take a couple days to recover, but is should be just fine..

7. well i got to anxious and tossed this seedling had no roots and i switched grow medium to dwc setup and planted a money maker seed and she is doing great after 4 days already 3in tall and first set of leaves are out and roots already about to touch water i used about a quarter nutes in water and phd to about 6-6.5 i checked ph today and its gone up almost to 8 so i phd it back down is this normal for ph to go up

8. You should not be using any nutes at all for at least two weeks.. You'll end up doing the exact same thing.. I know it's tempting, but you have to be patient.. Patience is probably the key attribute of this craft..

9. i feed half strength@ 2 weeks. I grow autos

No burn ^^

10. I just like to wait longer than two.. I've always heard 2 weeks.. I wait 3 or 4..

11. well thats what i like about dwc if it looks like to much nute i can dump it and fix the problem plus np worry of under or over water

12. also is my light sufficient i have 4 cfl 3 are daylight and one soft white all are 100watt equivelent

13. Sorry if i seem like a dick bro, but please do research before u jump into a grow. Just a few hours of research and you could of prevented all your problems.

14. If you already know the answers to your own questions why are you here?

15. well thats just it seems like i cant get a consistent answer to anything some say no nutes others say use alittle others say follow feeding schedule some say more light others say less im just trying to get as much info as possible so far new seedling is doing great but im just trying to get opinions on if my lighting is enough as for nutes im going to take it easy and add very slowly and keep eye on ph

16. #16 rsglover, Jul 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2015
    No nutes for two weeks is a standard rule of thumb.. The seed has food in it for the germination process. The guys that "feed at half strength", and all that have been growing for years and know strain by strain which seedlings to feed, and which to not.. Keeping things as simple as possible the first few grows is crucial.. After you've experienced the life cycle of the plant itself, you'll be able to make your own calls based on your own experiences.. If you want to get some grows under your belt, keep things simple..

17. I had a similar situation when I started. 2 wwf from ilgm cfl grow. As this is my first time growing,I almos toxicated them with the nutes but they recovered good. They are in their 8wk of soil grow from seed. As seedlings they stretched vigorously although the 1 is about an inch taller than the other. After a week I move the lights closer,1x85w +3x23w. At the moment they are 10 and 7 inches tall. They have been topped and cropped once. The problems I have now is that they are very short and bushy. I do have a 250w hps but im thinking to buy a mh bulb and trow it in the box with the cfl's. Last week they looked like there's no growth so I mixed up some nutes and fed them,in about 2 hours after I saw intant new growth,I want to put them in flower,should I or get the mh and veg for 2wks more? Any comment is welcome.

18. that makes more sense

19. when growing DWC be extremely carful, after doing your daily checks make sure your air hoses are tight as even a few hrs without air circ. will irreversibly damage the roots and killing the plant, second find some type of clipping device to keep the lid down so when the roots get bigger they don't push the lid up and let light in again completely destroying your plant and if it happens in flower it'll make ya cry ...lol .When ya do start feeding your plant nutes remember that the nutrients will change the PH so after about an hr of feeding you may want to ph again just to be safe.

20. well my grow has been going good but now im seeing some brown spots on lower leaves has not spread but plant has been same size for about a 2 weeks I want to start flower soon how does she look could I switch to 12/12 this early and I took shot of roots as well they have a brownish look root rot? trouble is I will be out of town 2nd week of sept for about 10 days and im worried I wont have time to harvest but I don't want to leave her alone for 10days I have been slowly increasing nutes using ff I have been told brown spots could be mag def

Attached Files:

• 016.jpg
      016.jpg
      File size:
      366.2 KB
      Views:
    • 017.jpg
      017.jpg
      File size:
      267.8 KB
      Views:
    • 018.jpg