Need Help with Camera

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by griffsta, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Hey guys. ive been lurking around on here for a long time, but i just now have gotten into posting and replying to threads. My girlfriend just bought a cannon eos digital rebel xsi camera. She bought three different types of macro lenses, and a polarized lense. First off, i need help on how to take pictures of my bud like everyone else on here with macro. I have taken a couple of pictures on the "up close" setting with macro and it still isnt as close or as nice looking as other peoples pictures. Also, i need help on how to upload the pictures because it says i have an error. Any help will be apprieciated :D

2. its all about adjusting the f-stop to give a shallower depth of field and then allowing the shutter to be open long enough to capture the required light. Remember, depth of field increases with f-number. You'll need to use a tripod or rest the camera on something stable if you are using a shutter speed slower than 1/32. Set your ISO to 100 or 200 as well to ensure your shadows don't come out grainy. Adjust your lighting too so its not directly in front or over head, its best to light the scene with several sources.

I've got the same camera, but I'm no photographer so I don't use it nearly as well as its capable of being utilized. Maybe Durchii or some other dedicated photographer can help you further.