Need help with burnt leaves

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BenjaminLinus, Dec 29, 2014.

1. Hi, I have 3 autos going in 3 gallon smart pots using happy frog and perlite 70/30. My Temps stay around 70/85 degrees and 30/ 50% RH. I water when bone dry at 6.6ph with no nutes the plants are 18 days old. Running a 400w mh. Light up high
    "2 1/2 ft over head and 3 T5 light's 2 inches above tops. I'm noticing today that some of the tips of my leaves are burnt. I was thinking maybe from the T5s being so close. But I got to looking at the bag of happy frog to see what is in it so I also looked at the perlite and noticed I accidentally grabbed The Miracle Grow brand which has miracle grow plant food in it I did not notice this at first I have not given my plants any nutes what so ever. Do you think it could be the perlite burning them? I added a couple pictures for an example

Attached Files:

2. Yeah looks like some minor damage from enriched soil, basically.  If you just carry on as normal, probably everything will be fine.  It's not sick sick, just like a bruise not heart failure.

3. You grabbed the MG brand of perlite? MG perlite has time released nutes in it, and that might be why you are experiencing nute burn on the ends of the leaves. Cause the FFHF soil (i use the same) has enough nutes for the first 4 weeks of growing then after that you give the children nutes. So as of right now you have FFHF soil nutes breaking down, along with the watering is breaking down the MG perlite and making it give off nutes.

4. Any suggestions. Replant?

5. Cant really see how big the plant is at this point. You would have to take it out and get as much dirt off the roots as you could without hurting them, and then try and transplant it into soil that does not have the MG perlite in it. Maybe feed it some root strengthening nutes to help with the shock of the transplant.

I had a smiliar problem going on at the beginning of my grow. I used MG Moisture control Organic soil +  MG perlite......needless to say i lost 6 plants before they ever got their second set of leaves. (after i stopped using my tap water and used different water i got plants to grow......but then they stopped 100% by week 1) Thats when i got my new soil and everything, then they just exploded into growth.

And does your FFHF soil not come with its own perlite mixture in it? Mine did.

6. While this is a good warning to those people looking to buy soil, this plant seems much bigger and healthier and more than 2 weeks old.  It's pretty common to see this kind of thing when using fortified soils, not ideal but nothing to worry about as long as the rest of things look alright, the glimpse of newer leaves look perfectly fine.  Transplanting it will cause undue stress, leave it be and let it grow if it's growing.

7. I agree with leaving it alone, she will grow out of it. IME when they rebound from a slight overnute they really take off.

8. truth not just with weed with any plant, ill take a pic of my house plant i gave monster bloom too lolol the leaves are fucked but theres so much new growth now which is crazy considering it gets like 4 hours of light a day lolol

9. i think if you transplant you're gonna run into way more problems, just let them roots be, theyre meant for being in the ground not being fucked with, you fuck with your roots its gonna effect your plant drastically, its not worth fucking with the root zone i think the burn isnt significant enough to kill your plants, you should expect a growth spurt in the next week or two

10. Yeah I was hoping everyone would say litfa "leave it alone" lol I really didn't want to replant. Here are some pics of the whole plants they look healthy other than the burn. Think I should try to flush them with alot of water or would that just make the situation worse?

Attached Files:

11. good advice, you should listen to this guy ;)

12. Thanks for everyone's help and words of encouragement