Need Help with Bugs ASAP

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Konos, Oct 5, 2009.

1. have these fruit flies, they have been flying around for a while, and now I am finding some dead ones all over my top cola. I don't know, obviously that's my baby, and I need help ASAP how do I get rid of these? Is my top bud ruined? to I pull that whole plant? SHIT?

2. No nothin is ruined. Fruit flies are more a pest than something that'll destroy your plant. You need some sticky traps to get rid of them without using any chemicals to do it. Find some whitefly/aphid sticky traps. They swarm to it and you'll be fine.

Although I'd spend a bit of effort cleaning the dead bugs from the bud. That's just nasty. Lol

3. That's exactly what the fuck I'm saying. Got two Sticky fly traps, dun think they're for white flies, probably gonna get some kind of light trap. Yeah definitely cleaning off the cola, but there are a couple just a bit lower that they are all up in. I can get all of them out, but I'm just making sure they don't nest or anything in the buds.

From what I understand they lay eggs on soil which hatch ever 3-4 days. Also I am under the impression that THC will kill em or atleast they don't like it. Always could used advice,
    Thanks.

4. They hate dry conditions, put a fan blowing on your soil and don't water for a while, takes care of them for me.

5. Well if they lay eggs in the soil pick up so diatemicious earth. It will kill them as they try to burrow/emerge. Its just a bunch of really tiny dead sea creatures that act like glass and cut up the little buggers as they crawl along it. Almost all garden stores should have it.

6. That's a fucking sweet idea. So you're suggesting just put like a 2'' layer like topsoil? Gonna go pick some up right now, definitely let you know how it goes

7. Yup 2" and your good to go. Just be careful when handling it, wear some gloves, and don't get it in your eyes that shit stings man lol.

8. i had the same problem ,, i basicly took the plants out for a hour sprayed fly spray in the room and vacuumed again ,, then disinfectant the room ,, thats it i was grand ,, but diffrent people diffrent strokes