Need help with Botanicare CNS17 feeding and flush schedule - Coco

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Glyden, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Note: I know I wrote a lot but I don't expect or need detailed answers. I tried to keep the questions themselves simple, and I really appreciate the help (and I know my babies will too).
    \nI purchased Grow, Ripe, Bloom, CalMag+ and Clearex the other day and I'm going to germinate soon. Its been a few years since I grew, but the last time I grew it was in coco and I used a different set of products. A friend who used to grow for the state of California told me to flush the coco with 1/4 strength nutrients and look for a 200-250 reading on my tds meter and I should be good to go. 
    \nI know a large part of the feeding schedule comes to reacting to how the plants look and have seen that from experience quite well too. However, I need to start with a schedule and that is what I need assistance with. I read that many people feed every watering and that is what I plan on doing with the 10-15% runoff method so that I don't get too much build up. 
    \nSome people recommended to follow the schedule that was provided exactly and adjust accordingly, and I was going to try that but I really don't want to overfeed at the start and harm the plants, especially with how many people I've seen recommend to start at 1/4 strength of whats on the schedule.
    \n1. The schedule that botanicare provides says: week 1 = 15ml of grow and 2ml of CalMag, week 2= 17ml grow and 3-5ml CalMag, and week 3 = 18ml grow and 3-5ml CalMag. So when I initially flush my coco (I plan to use ro ph'd to 5.8ish water), would I use 4ml of grow?
    \n2. I also don't know, should I use the 2ml of CalMag that is recommended or cut the strength of that in 1/4 as well when I flush the coco?
    \n3. Another question I had that I couldn't find an answer to with my searching was: When would I plan on moving upwards from 1/4 strength to 1/2 to full strength? I know to look for signs, but can anyone give me estimated weeks? I could really benefit from one.
    I read that some people never go past half, but I don't know what percentage of people that would include. Regardless, I don't want to move up in strength too early or late and too little or too much for obvious reasons.
    \n4. When I move onto bloom and then ripe do I start them out at 1/4 or half strength or do I just start at full strength?
    \n5. I've read to flush every 4 weeks and I've read to flush at the end, but with the runoff method I've read that it is better to wait until the end. Is this true? And if you believe I should flush every 4, would I do that with 1/2 the strength of the nutes I am currently using?