Need help with autos? Welcome

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by loki125, Apr 4, 2014.

1. No thats the beauty of the autoflower it will change automaticly without the need to mess with light cycles, she will flower when she wants to.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Only with photoperiod plant mate auto will veg flower under any light cycle.

Ive heard alot of opinion and auto dont have any more buf with 24/0 pr 20/4 the only thing that was observed was that plants under 24/0 were shorter.

But i feel all tings should get rest as tings do go on in the night with these plants and there not fully ruderalis:)

24/0 20/4 18/6 its your choise pick one and stick to it youll be fine

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1275211-Dutch-passion-Think-Different-and-an-auto-purple

vote for my td please http://www.dutch-passion.nl/en/photovote/2014-03-20-thinkdifferent%C2%AE-loki_1597/

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  3. #84 GoldGrower, Apr 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2014
    They are unaware of the light schedule, you don't have to change the light cycle because they automatically flower, hence the term "auto flowerers"

I couldn't put an exact figure on it, but probably about two or three grows per year for about 8 years . Although the first two or three years I only grew them on 18/6, after that I started to experiment with light timing. I found the closer you get to 24/0 the bigger they get, but that plateaus at about 20/4. Less dark hours still give you more growth but it's not a huge difference.

Someone probably once said that roots grow in the dark, which they do, always, because they are underground, it's always dark underground. If roots get exposed to light they don't function as well. So yeah roots grow in the dark lol. But not just at night time

• Like Like x 2
  4. Nice one i think ima try 24/7 the whole way this time next time try 20/4, shes started to flower so i might aswell leave her on 24/0, plus ive only got the one digi timer so it all works out :hello:

5. Plants do carry on growing for a few hours after lights out, it's not as if they have an off switch but growth processes slow down considerably and inevitably stop once the leaves cease to be able to provide the rest of the plant with food they make from the light. If you cut off any resource like CO2, oxygen, water, light, whatever, it's going to slow functions over a few hours and then eventually stop altogether.

And although plants get by through that few hours of darkness I am certain they do not require it. I believe this is proven when you grow an auto under 24/0 from hatch to harvest. They are growing at full speed 24/7

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks guys, learn something new everyday; this place is just a font of knowledge!!!

7. #89 GoldGrower, Apr 6, 2014
    I don't want you to think I'm getting at you now because we all have gaps in our knowledge base, but I have to ask.... What did you think "autos" were? You aren't alone by the way, I have seen several people on here that thought you need to change the light cycle on auto flowering plants

8. what's you're average the content on autos as I see there really not frosty or filled with trichromes look more like the flower with a little crystal. Let you experience s.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Huh not quote sure what ya asking but they are frosty ill try and find a pic

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1275211-Dutch-passion-Think-Different-and-an-auto-purple

vote for my td please http://www.dutch-passion.nl/en/photovote/2014-03-20-thinkdifferent%C2%AE-loki_1597/

10. the content doesn't seem to be there on all autos I see. I see bud but not too many trichromes. Lmk if I am wrong a pic and name would be cool. Just don't want 3 months to pass and have veggie matter with low thc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. #95 tru1212, Apr 6, 2014
  12. Attached Files: