Need help with autos? Welcome

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by loki125, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Well all are different from 56days to 100 but most around 70-80 days mine usually stretch after 14-18 days 2 weeks after that they start flower and they will be done when the thrics are to my liking

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  2. So is it tosh that light getting to the lower buds helps them grow bigger?

3. #33403 GoldGrower, Aug 6, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
    I think that is at least mostly true. My canopy is usually thicker than what most people aim for and I still get buds grown down below.

But I suspect that buds that grow closer to leaves which receive more light will probably get more energy and therfore grow bigger. But if you remove leaves from the top, so leaves at the bottom receive light then you're just taking bud from the top and putting at the bottom.

Plus, the the light has to travel further to get to those bottom leaves and not only do the top leaves receive less intense light, they receive no light, because they're not there any more. On top of all that those leaves cannot transpire water, co2, & o2 any more.

It just doesn't make any logical sense to me at all. I have done a few experiments involving removing leaves, admittedly not many because the results always back up my expectations

Id like to see more people do a half and half experiment on this but it seems that most people are very firmly fixed on their way of doing it.

At the moment I'm growing 8 Jelly Breath plants, when they have finished flowering ill choose one of them to keep and clone. I'll then grow 12 clones from that same plant and defoliate 4 of them hard, defoliate 4 lightly and not defoliate the remaining 4. Hopefully we'll see a significant difference

Of course these won't be autos so that may remain in debate. It's hard to compare autos because each plant is unique. My last auto run I grew 2 Critical Orange Punch and defoliated 1 of them, then when they finished up I harvested both forgetting that I did it and now have no idea which one I defoliated. There was a couple of weeks between them being harvested and the later one gave me a better yeild so the results of the experiment would've been void anyway.

I currently don't believe that removing the plant's solar panels will provide any benefit to how much energy the plants has to grow bud, but a lot of people do. So many people in fact that it makes me want to try it.

To my logic it should drastically reduce yeild. Something like removing half of the leaves will give you half the yeild. But I know this is not the case because no one would be advocating it. It would be too planely obvious that it gives a negative effect. So I'm under no delusion that I fully understand what's going on in these plants

• Like Like x 2
  4. Interesting! I look forward to this!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Anyone know what’s going on with my plant? I was using water adjusted to around 6.3-6.5 I tried going to molasses for nutrients rather than the store bought organic I had. I am now trying to flush the soil with 6.8 ph water and going to try keeping the ph higher. This is a white widow autoflower. I checked for pests under leaves none found. Growing in pro mix with those white rocks in that’s ph balanced out of the bag. The fabric pots are raised. I got a few new leaves with these spots again so unsure what to do next or to just carry on with higher ph around 6.8 and molasses for nutrients.

Attached Files:

6. Molasses is not a fertilizer but helps feed the microbes in the soil that make your npk more available to your plant. You still need to feed the plant or it will starve. Looks like you have a cal/mag deficiency going on as well.

7. The molasses has magnesium in it though higher than in the feed I believe. I’ll try feeding and molasses or a mix of both.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. What fertilizer were you feeding?

9. Pure blend flower is what I’m using during flower

Attached Files:

10. Yes go back to feeding with that because it has what your plant needs. The mollases is good for compost teas or living soils where you need to feed the microbes but doesn't feed the plant. The bigger the plants get the more they use

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I had these problems while on that too. That’s why I thought to try molasses. Going to pick up some cal mag today and use a little with the pro blend flower I think ?

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Yes and use the cal mag every water but be careful because lots of them contain N as well

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Thanks. I’ll try to get one with out N

• Like Like x 1
  14. Plants look healthy otherwise and should recover fairly fast.

15. Hoping so.thanks for the tips

• Like Like x 2
  16. I'm just getting a fresh grow started.
    I filled up the bags that I'd bought last year.
    First time out, I used woven fabric, next time was non-woven fabric,
    this one is actual mesh.
    Has anyone tried these?
    Thanks...
    mesh.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  17. Prolly suppose to serve same purpose as a airpot

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

18. I would imagine that would cause your root tips to dry out and die back. I'd rather use regular pots so the roots don't get damaged

19. I don't remove leaves as she can also move some elements like NPK mag from the leave to other parts of the plant.

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  20. For me if you have some thi g that collects energy and can give that energy to any part of the plant why remove it

Like having solar panels and taking one away that was slightly shadowed will some how benifit the total energy produced.

Moving it on the other hand to a better place more sun then yeah sure why not

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1