Need help with autos? Welcome

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by loki125, Apr 4, 2014.

1. You can buy lifts or risers online or at some stores. Or you can DIY yourself something. I've heard that tuna/cat food cans work well. Anything to get it up off the ground. I added pics of some examples.

You can still get soggy feet if there's no air flow below the pot. When a fabric pot sits directly on the ground, water pools in the bottom of the pot. To be clear, I'm not talking about runoff here, I'm talking about water that is in the medium. It gets trapped there and can't runoff properly. I've seen a good graphic about it, but don't remember where I saw it. I'll track it down and share it later.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. I use my trays, syringed, for one to three months at a time and then clean them. All I get to see is some staining from the Fox Farm Trio.
    The trays are cleverly 'grooved' via impression, to allow the moisture to fall below the pot. (Just look at a tray, you'll see.) I would NEVER allow my plants to sit in water... and the syringe does do the job.
    I hesitate to place anything between the pot and the tray, for fear of breaking the trays.
    Your advice is sound... I just do it differently.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Ok, I see. You have them in a tray with drain channels. Like seedling/clone trays.When you said trays, I was thinking the round flat bottom ones.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I think you've got my drift... DEFINITELY not flat... cleverly laid out... lemme see if I can get a shot....
    examples;
    DSCN0642.JPG DSCN0641.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  5. I always leave my pots on a flat surface and have never had a problem indoors or out but I will likely pick up some risers just to be sure. 20190730_110110.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  6. Heh... whatever you're doing; don't stop!
    Good lookers!

• Like Like x 2
  7. Tuna/cat food can guy here - - they stack nicely too if you ever need some height

• Like Like x 1
  8. 24 hours a day? Does this effect growth in a positive way?

Sent from my SM-G550T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Certainly does

10. You go 24 all the way? Any better results than 20/4?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. Yeah I used to experiment with my light cycle but I settled on 24/0 quite a while ago. The quote that Enigma just put up is well over 5 years old. I don't bother experimenting with light cycles any more, I stick to 24/0

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. Sorry bout the ok qoute. I am reading from front to back. I will do more reading to get a more upto date look at things.

Sent from my SM-G550T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  13. No need for apologies man, it was a relevant question and the quote gave context.
    I only mentioned the date in case anyone assumed it was recent and my opinions change over time

• Like Like x 2
  14. Should I trim any fan leaves on my white widow autoflower to allow better light penetration? Or lollipop it? The plants have about 5-6 weeks left based on the life cycle of 11-12 weeks.

15. Well I think this auto cheese is liking her life outdoors. Sprouted June 17th started flowering July 15th and is packing on weight quickly. 20190803_192758.jpg 20190803_190758.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  16. I don't trim anything off my autos, the more leaves the plant has, the more light can be absorbed. And the more light that's absorbed, the more energy can be used by the plant to build bud

• Like Like x 1
  17. Not worried about getting light to the lowers?

18. The plant will distribute the carbohydrates wherever it needs it. Taking light from the top of the plant and giving it to the bottom doesn't achieve anything. Plus the lower leaves will receive some light even very low down. If you remove a leaf it can't receive anything at all. Leaves do more than just collect light, they transpire water so it can draw more up through the roots. They also take in co2 and put out o2.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Even if the leaves have some issues with them ? I trimmed a few bad leaves off

20. If the leaves are less than 50% green then I might be tempted to remove them

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1