Need help with autos? Welcome

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by loki125, Apr 4, 2014.

1. That would suk.. but ill be asking you for an update in about a couple mos and see if anythings changed after 6-8mos running non-stop

2. Ohh man i didnt mean to scare anyone lol..

But for what they cost im sure they should last.. if blurples from china do can keep running after 12mos nonstop then qb’s should surpass them in every way.. (as long as their kept kool and not pushed to their max (which is never needed wit qb’s) it should outlast any china blurple!!

Blurples are advertised at 50,000 hrs of light.. thats almost 6yrs brah!! Very long time to run for if properly cooled the whole time..

You guys will be fine!! And ur lights too!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I'll be moving my Auto Colorado Cookies into the space my Fruit Punch Auto is in as soon as it's done. So that'll be two runs in a row at 24/0. I'll let you know if anything seems to degrade.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. #32344 GoldGrower, Jan 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2019

I have a few purple units that are a few years old now and several diodes have burnt out but the units themselves still work just fine. I doubt a few missing chips will make much difference. As long as they are not running at too high a wattage they should last many years.

I have the Mars Pro II Epistar 320 and its been running pretty much continuously for a couple of years now and every chip still works. How much light it gives off compared to when it was new I cannot be sure but it's still bringing in the ounces for me. I start new auto seeds every couple of months so that's about 12 continuous grows

• Like Like x 2
  5. yea feel free to shoot me a message down the rd, i'll let ya know how their doing!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Leds should give out the same as when they were new.

7. Most leds now can run an easy 100,000 hours rigarless of china usa uk crees are made in china and weather its any colour led these days should be rated to 100,000 hrs

Its more how there driven

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yeeeeah I'm not 100% convinced of that. My yields are not as good now as they were a couple of years ago when it was new. I can't be 100% sure it's the light but I haven't changed anything. It's not a huge difference, I wouldn't call it a fault, and they all still work

• Like Like x 1
  9. When do you guys start/stop defoliating autos? I know they're finnicky and I don't wanna stunt my girl anymore than she already has been...lol.

Also, which leaves/how many do y'all defoliate? I thought I saw somebody say on here that they trim the first set of true leaves off of each branch?

[​IMG][​IMG]

Hubbabubbasmelloscope Quantum Board Grow

• Like Like x 1
  10. Your plant does not need defoliating you just stunt ot more. I personally think cuttong off the leaves is point less why cut off the plants solar pannels so to speak unless its NEEDED so for instance the plant has gone full bush mode and you need more airflow the. Cutting a few off would be ok but to much can cause stress so only a couple a day

I dont defoliate never seen a difference tried it quite a few time with autoa or photos and didnt gain any more yeiled

Lst is best form of training id say lst done right that is

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Also your plant isnt gonna grow a alot more is in flower so i wouldnt stress her you leaves arenot in the way.

You cut these leave ypu wont know if shes haveing a nite issue as you would have cut the leaves off she can use if you forgot a feed or wasnt feeding enough.

First pic is of day 23 autos i had for a mystery seex run
    Second pic to last is of my sour livers some may argue to defoliate i chose not to i stated lst and didnt cut a thing. 20180929_112646.jpg IMG_20170606_163224_309.jpg IMG_20170615_181629_713.jpg IMG_20170622_194539_983.jpg IMG_20170706_175120_999.jpg IMG_20170712_170829_219.jpg IMG_20170728_223820_612.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  12. It really depends on what you want to accomplish. The primary fans are responsible for upward growth, so if you want to slow upward growth, pulling a couple fans can help guide the direction of the plant. Pull fans where you want things to slow down, leave them where you want things to catch up. If things are looking congested, leaves stacked on top of each other, pluck some. Choose the ones you pull based on how you want the plant to grow.

Also, how you're training the plant is important. If you're letting it grow naturally, into a Christmas tree. just pull fans to guide the direction the plant grows. If you're doing LST or some other form of training that spreads the canopy, treat it just as you would any other canopy plant. open up when and where needed to allow air flow and light penetration. Trim off anything that's not going to make it to the canopy.

Last one I can think of right now is plant age. Until she goes into her pre-flower stretch I don't pull any leaves. I focus on tucking larger fans under secondary tops. So I keep that upward growth going strong, but expose secondary tops to maximum light.

This has come from my own limited experience. Take from it what you will. If I'm really off mark anywhere, please let me know. It'll only help me grow better too!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Thanks! This is the kind of info I was looking for. I wasn't sure what the norm on autos was. I'm looking forward to getting back from my vacation in 8 days and starting my last two Hubbabubbasmellascope seeds and see if I can get some to grow normal from start to finish and get more height on them. My older one(pic) is on day 40 and is only 8 inches tall right now. The other 2 that are at 16 days, are 2.5 inches tall. I started these 2 in seed starter soil and the first 2 in Jiffy Pods and into FFOF. So, the only thing that is consistent is the same lighting...but I don't think any HLG 65 Quantum Board at 24 inches, is too much light...or is it?[​IMG]

Hubbabubbasmelloscope Quantum Board Grow

14. I vegged this under a single HLG 65 4000k, and added a HLG 100 3000k when she started going into flower. I kept the boards at around 24 inches.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  15. And we have lift off lol. Seeds popped today. 12/12 test with Malawi x Northern lights auto and Malawi x Northern lights x random bag seed crossed during last grow. Not sure if that one is an auto but it’s thrown in. Only reason doing this test as I had room in my tent while I’m flowering my photos so I decided to throw a few in there to see what happens. Not expecting any yield. Just more for fun. [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Feed time this morning

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 6
  17. well ive never seen the latter one.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. $10-$12 is the high end of what I've seen
    Don't think I would buy a $50 seed

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ppl were buying 250-400 doller per seed buy its for gullible people no seed it worth that unless pure thc crystal grew from it haha

• Like Like x 3
  20. 20190113_111744.jpg 20190113_111752.jpg I've got a couple autos just gone into flowering everything was going along just fine until a couple days ago they all of a sudden were wilted looking like over/under watered but they are hempy bucket with 100% perlite so I tilted them over got the water out of the bottom and found that my ph had gone from 6.0 down to 5.4 so I flushed with distilled water then refill with 6.0 ph cal mag , gh armour si, and fox farm open sesame at 550 ppm and with in a couple hours they were back out looking great . Now less than 24 hours later they are doing it again. So I poured out again no flush this time just replaced with same soup at
    6.2 ph . Figured that would at least give them longer time inside the correct ph range. They are under hlg 288v2 qb.
    Any thoughts?