Need help with autos? Welcome

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by loki125, Apr 4, 2014.

• Like Like x 1
  1. My first plant of my first grow is almost ready. Trichs started to show amber yesterday! How many amber do you normally hold out for? I've read almost anywhere from 10%-50%.

Northern Lights 66 days from seed from ILGM
    Under 8 QB132's 3500k 20/4 cycle

20181103_171443.jpg 18-11-03 17:13:11.png 18-11-03 17:12:35.png 18-11-03 17:12:33.png 18-11-03 17:12:30.png 18-11-03 17:12:08.png 18-11-03 17:12:07.png 18-11-03 17:12:06.png 18-11-03 17:11:49.png 18-11-03 17:10:53.png

I got 4 more plants to harvest after this one. 2 are pretty close, the other 2 have a ways to go and have been stressed.

2. So you can make fem seeds from a fem plant without a male?

Sent from my SM-G850F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. 10-15 for head high 20-25 coutvh lick more than 30% amber can cause nsusia from the cbn

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  4. Yes thats how fems are made tale a female plant
    Make her hermie but you dont make her hermie like haveing a stressful time does

It just turns that bit you spray to make pollen sacks she will only make female pollen so youll get females from the seeds

No male required.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks for the info, I'll be watching the trichs like a hawk

• Like Like x 1
  6. Yes sir and get all feminized seeds

• Like Like x 2
  7. Will it work successfully with Autos?

• Like Like x 2
  8. Yes its how all feminised seeds are made

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Sorry but I'm still not quite getting this mate. It's been a long day lol.
    You spray a cola with this stuff and it'll produce female pollen. I get that bit.
    But Will that cola also produce seeds?
    and will it pollenate the rest of the plant? Giving me a full plant of seedy weed?
    Like how do you control it? Doesn't 1 pollen sack put your whole crop at risk?
    I'm only just starting to look into breeding so sorry for the noob questions lol

10. So you pick a plant before flower spray it then flower it forces the plant to produce sacs you can harvest tge pollen by tieing a paper bag over the brsch allow sack to open then freeze it use it as you please. If you on the other hand let nature take its course plus a fan and the entire crop could.become.seeded and yes on that branch you get a mix of female calyx and female pollen sacks.

Yes this process could put your entire crop as risk of seeds.

• Like Like x 2
  11. This sounds risky as fuck lol. Best to just spray 1 plant and move it to a seperate area then.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yeah if you dont want other seeds its best to

• Like Like x 1
  13. Even better, clone it, spray the clone, then flower it. Ethos makes very stable fems. They call it Alpha Fems through no stress. I’m going to start breeding soon too

Soil2Coco’s Multi Strain Journal

14. Ahh that's a sensible idea. Just root it then flower straight away in a wee cupboard where it can't harm anyone.
    It's amazing the obvious choices you miss when your stoned. This why I don't smoke at work lol

• Like Like x 2
  15. How many seeds you get off a rooted clone going straight in?
    Could potentially be hundreds surely?
    Reckon id get away with leaving one under a 2700k 130w cfl reflector? The big bulb ones.
    Just leave it in like a 2L pot so it stays small and get a couple dozen seeds?
    The 14k can keep up with any light on the market for the first 2 weeks. Never tried using them for anything other than that though. Got 3 of the cunting things with 3 cool white and 3 red . got when i started thinking they'd be handy for bloom. Only ever used the one for my seedlings lol.

16. Spray the bud sites of your known female plant daily during first 3-4 weeks of the flowering stage (until pollen sacs form and start splitting open) – After switching to a 12/12 light schedule, choose bud sites on your known female plant, and spray/drench them daily with colloidal silver (or gibberellic acid). As the treated flowers develop, they will form into male pollen sacs. Untreated bud sites on the plant will form into female buds as usual; however these buds are unsafe to smoke unless you've been very careful to make sure they didn't come into contact with colloidal silver or gibberellic acid during the feminization process.

3.) Harvest "Feminized" Pollen – When pollen sacs are ready to be harvested they swell like a balloon and start to open up. Make sure not to harvest early and also make sure to keep spraying the bud sites daily until this point or you might end up with empty pollen sacs! When the pollen sacs are ready, the leaf section protecting the pollen will start to crack. At this point it's time to collect the feminized pollen. One of the easiest ways to do this is to collect the pollen sacs directly and let them dry for a week. At that point they can be placed in a bag and shaken to easily collect all the pollen.

4.) Pollinate Another Female Plant – At this point, take the feminized pollen you've collected and use it to pollinate a female plant that has been flowering for about 2-3 weeks (full detailed instructions with a video on how to do this below). Although it's possible to pollinate the same plant as the original, it's not recommended in part because the timing doesn't match up (attempting to pollinate buds too late in the flowering stage leads to reduced seed production). It's best to pollinate a different female plant that you started budding a few weeks after the original. This increases the number of seeds produced as well as gives the new female plant enough time to develop them to maturity. It also increases genetic diversity compared to self-pollination.

5.) Wait ~6 Weeks to Harvest Seeds – After about 6 weeks from pollination, the calyxes on the buds of your female plant will be swollen and fat. You know it's time to harvest your seeds when they start bursting out. At this point, it's time to congratulate yourself because you've got feminized seeds!

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Yeah 100s man its crazy how mant seeds har harvest hang her and about a day later all you hear it tap tap tap as seeds fall out the drying plant

• Like Like x 1