Need help with autos? Welcome

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by loki125, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Auto ultimate by dutch passion mate. All their autos get to that size in the right conditions. Most of the credit goes to my nft system to be fair. It turns anything into a beast

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. Heres my current grow. 5 dp photos and 1 dinafem auto. They all been topped and the auto (top right) is outgrowing the lot, even my photo ultimate!
    Running a bit of an auto myth busting thread just now in which im basically gonna do everything to autos that apparently you cant do. Just started another 6 beans for a full auto grow aswell.
    Gonna treat them as badly as i can and silence all these myths in one journal Screenshot_20180518-063547.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  3. #31063 loki125, May 18, 2018
    Last edited: May 18, 2018
    Nit entirely get it right like archer and others and you can super size the yeild but un like photos in veg when you can do this any time really.

the best time with autos is when there less likely to give a shit just before or just in there pre flower stretch stage. Ive done it before my self and saw no yeild loss but again its all timing and takes experience or alot of reserch to get it right i know what im doing.....im not giving shite advice....

I would agree to leave or do some lst. Not to top just yet. But thats entirly up to him making mistake or doing experiments is one way we learn

I found 20/4 to be best for me but others prefere 18/6 some 24/0 some go rouge and so 19/5 but thats entirely there choise what ever works best for your situation and what works best keeping the enviroment dialed in

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thankyou at least one person gets it haha jesus christ. You see archer took his time to study autos and boom one fuckiff huge plant in hydro topped and trained 600g yeah he lost massively...... lol cheers archer

• Like Like x 3
  5. Just look at some of TaNgs or hazyys autos there huge but still nothing beats the 1kg plant lol

• Like Like x 2
  6. Spoke to tang a few times on afn like.
    The poor cunt got robbed last year for his plants!
    he is an awesome grower and about as consistent as it gets but his grow style bores me tbh. I like to abuse my bitches and he just lets em do their thing.
    Suppose he proves you dont have to fuck about with them to get great results but wheres the fun in that

• Like Like x 2
  7. The 1 kilo journal is what i studied before planting my first bean. Read it 20 times :) also the reason i use these rediculously expensive nutes lol.
    I think the only thing he done that sets him apart was the random lighting situation. Circumstance forced him to change the lighting a lot and it positively effected the plant. Thats the only part of the grow nobody could replicate.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Plasma and led combo also had the varigated pheno i had one too that gott bigger than my others :)

Tho i dont think i could do hydro lol tried it o ce was alot of messing with ph ect. Much prefere organic soil i like the dlavor too whivh im happy to loose yeild for the flavor. My mate was hydro i done soil and we done same strains he always said mine had more flavor.

Might top one of each of these comparative plants

• Like Like x 2
  9. Im actually thinking about not topping one in each in the comparatives. Got a sativa on just now thats not liking the low humidity so ive left her alone but thats the first plant i havent topped.
    I know its not neccesary but it gives a symetrical plant thats easier to train.
    I air proon the roots first aswell so tend to get a longer veg time. That auto above is 30 days old and should get a good 3 weeks more before the first preflowers form so olenty of time for training :)

10. Nice i was gonna go with airpot this time round too tried the plastic type and well that was just stress full putting water in and seeing it come out the top holes.... ffs so gonna try the fabric type see if that makes any difference lol ill hopefully be doing them tomorrow i hope just need to pop to the shop to get soil perlite and fabric pots

• Like Like x 2
  11. Im dping 4 so ill top 2 and keep 2 as is and see how that pans out and hopefully the fabrics air prune enough to give me that extra time.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I like the fabrics so far but just checked my last journal for a 30 day comparrison and my nft system trounces coco lol. Ill get pics up the noo ...

13. Yeah i know pure hydro would trounce it ever tried aerogarden or just coco and nft

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bottom pic is my first a/u grow at day 30 after i stunted them by not cleaning the rockwools.

Top pic is my second grow. A/u in the nft and the wee one is a big bud auto in a bubbler.
    (That went disasterously wrong)

The other pic is ganjamotos record breaker at day 30.
    Id say my nft was winning that fight. Be buggered if ive got that much money to spend on lights for a single plant though lol.

Only ever done nft grows before really.
    I dont count the dwc one as she collapsed on me a couple weeks before harvest and although was strong as fuck the buds were pathetic. Got 3oz including trim.
    Done 1 coco grow years ago but was growing for my mate and he came round to do most of it so i dont count that one iether. Didnt even know what ph was at the time. It was pretty low tech.
    Done 3 propper grows now and done 30 odd other plants for the first 2-3 weeks experimenting to get the seedling phase perfected. Gave them all to family and friends but supervised quite a few of them.
    Screenshot_20180518-171135.jpg Screenshot_20180518-171147.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. Most consistent monster producer ive met though is a guy called rambogarden.
    He grows in 15L coco autopots and the results are unbelieveable!
    Pulls 600-800g+ autos every single time with just a 600hps per plant (6+plants at a time). The roots only take up the bottom half of the pokey little 15L pot aswell. Fuck knows how they work but coco autopots are without a doubt the way forward in my mind. Ill be trying them next year, couldnt be arsed with the extra cost this time round. My bank cards having a meltdown as it is.
    Ill be happy with 6oz a plant for this run though. gives me an even kilo. 1.3kg is about the limit of what i could do with my lights i reckon so best to underestimate and hope for the best.

My comparrison grow room on the other hand. Well, we'll be seeing some nft beasts in that one

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ivean from uk growers is on coco auto pots but using biotabs aswell full automation as there a tab you put in the medium and it slow release organic nutes.

• Like Like x 3
  17. For the beginners in the thread I wouldn't top an auto lol maybe you got good yields and have success topping autos because you have a good setup and are expire need but I don't advice that beginner people top plants.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  18. Oft thats genious. Ive spoke to a few folk about bio tabs. Thought they were just for soil. Definately gonna have to go bend his ear about that one. See him pop up a lot so i should remember lol

• Like Like x 1
  19. That's is what most of us suggest. You do know Loki is the one that made this thread?

Sent from my pet rock.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Look around theres plenty of evidence about auto vs photo and u can do just about all the same training its just getting to learn the strains type u grow..sime like it some dont know diff. from photo

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk