Need help with arrest charges PLEASE

Discussion in 'General' started by toke it up1986, Aug 11, 2010.

1. so...yeah i got cocky with smoking and smoked it like it was legal. Lets just skip the story and here are my charges, maintaining a vehicle for keeping controlled substance, conspiracy 2nd degree, possession of a non narcotic schedule I controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia...I might let you know that this was the first time i have EVER been arrested, hell even the first time i'v been in a police station on the wrong end. And i would appreciated EVERYONES input on what the consequences of this. Like what will happen to me? please please please please help guys. Anything is appreciated. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

2. Hire an attorney. Do what he says. Pay lots of money. Learn. Repeat.

3. ..Im taking the pledge im pleading guilty to my charges. Im just asking all of the possible outcomes of this. Im just worried how long they will suspend/revoke my license. By the way im in the Delaware area.

4. Check it out. You can pay a lawyer a few hundred to just do it for ya, or you can read the laws, penalties and what have you yourself right here.

Online Delaware Code

Best of luck. I would never plead guilty. If it's something for which they can take a $5000 fine or something, find a lawyer that'll take it to trial for less than that. If you're willing to pay the money anyway, you can get most non-violent crimes dropped before trial. At least in my experience.

5. #5 BigEyedFish420, Aug 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2010
    Damn dude sounds like a sticky situation. When I got arrested I noticed that they initially only wanted to scare me. Once I started talking to the prosecutor a little bit, I realized that they arrest people every single day for weed, and they aren't that concerned with it. They aren't going to put a young first offender in jail. They will most likely drop a lot of the charges and give you a fine...hopefully.

Also, don't plead guilty. If you really are guilty, they WILL prove it, so just do your best to ride it out and get your charges minimized.

Best of luck to you man keep us updated.

6. Talk to the solicitor.. maybe you can get the charge of conspiracy and the vehicle thing dropped... or call a lawyer... yeah.. call a lawyer.. The bastards work miracles sometimes.. just look at O.J. :D

7. so it will prolly go something like this...... u go to court, the DA will tell u to plead guilty to the possesion charge and u will do 2 years probation with UA's and possibly home visits.... the link shows POSSIBLE outcomes.... not likely outcomes. Ur first offense ull get some probation and shit... no biggie.... prolly lose ur license cuz u where in the car. but ull be ok.... prolly wont even go to jail

8. thanks guys but see i dont care about probation or drug classes. Im only worried about license suspension...

9. #9 Postal Blowfish, Aug 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2010
    if you're smart you accept the punishment and don't smoke until no one is testing. previous posts are right. unless it seems like you are a dealer, and its your first time, and if they see no reason to think you're a "flight risk" then you'll be able to come off with some kind of probation that will include drug testing and probably community service. it's not fun, but don't fuck around. man up and do what they tell you and don't take any more chances with the law.

it shouldn't have to be this way but it will be at least another decade or two before the laws start to relax. if 20 more years pass without any relaxation in this modern climate, this shit is never going to be less illegal than it currently is.

i was caught in a vehicle in texas with stems and alcohol i wasn't old enough to have (this was in 1995, sure, but texas is also the most fucked up state i know about). they didn't fuck with my license. who knows what kind of fucked up people live in delaware, but i hope you'll be able to say the same thing.

tldr the worst is likely behind you unless shit is way different where you are. just take my advice and don't disrespect your punishment.

10. delaware is fucked up and can suspend your liscense. i got a dui it was revoked for 6 months. but i never had a possession charge so i dont exactly know. my friend in PA got a possession of heroin charge and his was suspended for a year but thats heroin not marijuana so its a big difference

11. It may be your first charge involving weed but I don't think that DUI is going to help.. I actually want to know the story behind this, it could help your case