Need help with anxiety

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Jinandjuice, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Hey guys,
    My friend has been suffering from anxiety for a long time now and has recently asked me about weed as treatment. She does not enjoy getting high as she doesn't like not being in control, I was wondering if avb could help alleviate symptoms without getting her high.
    Thanks guys any help is appreciated

2. I dunno what avb is but you can sure get oils that wont get you high but have all the medicinal goodness of weed. Smoking weed isn't good for anxiety as it tends to amplify inner thoughts and feelings, and as your friend says anxiety does have that effect of feeling out of control.

• Like Like x 1
  3. It just help you realize that "control" is nothing but an illusion and you're living almost completely based on your subconscious mind.

• Like Like x 3
  4. AVB is what they call weed that has already beed combusted/smoked, usually thru some sort of device such as a vaporizer. Not a bong, or pipe. A vape does not combust the material so the thought process is that it still leaves some of the THC behind. Because of this there are some that stockpile this and use it mostly for edibles. I've never heard of anyone trying to smoke it. What I will tell you is that if your friend is going to try to smoke this it is going to have a very unflattering taste. I don't know were you live. But I would think the better option would be this. If you do live in a legal state then just go to a Dispensary, and find a Strain that has a lower THC, not all Strains knock you on your butt and maybe go that route. Just my 2¢.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Thanks for your help guys,
    Unfortunately there are no dispensary's in my area. I have about 14g of abv and was thinking about capping it up and trialing with dosages.

6. You could test it, but I have anxiety as well and weed only helps on the sense that it is distracting. But I am only one example and I smoke a lot regardless, so maybe not the best example..just thought I'd share my experience..

• Like Like x 1
  7. Personally I've had to cut back a lot due to my anxiety being through the roof over the last month. Usually it's not so bad and it does help me too, but right now I can't cope with being high a lot of the time. From having around 15 joints a day I've went to having only 1 or 2 on good days and completely staying away from it on bad days.

In my experience, it's when you feel the physical symptoms of anxiety that smoking weed becomes impossible. Yea, when it's just in my head it really helps but when your going through chest pains and heart palpitations due to it, things get scary and weed can make it an even scarier experience.

I really hope I can get better soon as I miss the blissful experience and the peace of mind that comes with burning a fattie but right now it's just not an option, and I understand why OP's friend doesn't want to smoke weed.

• Like Like x 1
  8. So I'm just curious why are you thinking about ABV instead of just letting her/him trying a little nug in a bowl?

9. She hates the feeling of getting stoned, I figured that avb contains less thc than fresh green. Higher cbd levels would mean that she would still get medicated without getting high

10. I have very bad anxiety and weed really helps me because it takes away my control but also makes me feel like I don't need to have control. I think aside from smoking weed with high cbd and low thc, your friend should try smoking in the most relaxing environment possible. If you can be there to support her and make sure she is always comfortable and safe, that would probably help loads. It really sucks to be high with anxiety and constantly have your environment changing if you're out with friends or something. Put on a show she finds comforting and just chill

• Like Like x 2
  11. You should try a strain that has a equal CBD to THC ratio like Northern Lights. Even thought the THC content is high so isn't the CBD which will help counteract some of the ill feelings of being high.

• Like Like x 1
  12. CBD is ur answer

• Like Like x 2
  13. Second the CBD recommendation. It is legal to buy online and doesn't get you high, but when used together with MJ it's said to counteract the anxiety from the THC. Taken alone, I have heard the effect described as relaxing, similar to Valium. It's expensive, though.

• Like Like x 1
  14. This is new to me CBD combating anxiety. Every time when someone posts CBD & anxiety I ask them for a reference on where they have read this and they have yet shown me this. Most of the reading I have done on CBD it has been referenced with Pain relief. If you have a article I would be interested in reading it. There is NO hi associated with CBD. As a matter of fact people use it just as the opposite. First time marijuana users sometimes will have some CBD on hand to counteract the affects of some real strong marijuana if they get to hi, the CBD will have the affect of bringing them down. For pain there is also what some believe is the "Entourage Affect". This is were there is a 1:1 CBD:THC. The idea is that when there is this type of ratio it combats Pain, much better. Just my 2¢

• Like Like x 2
  15. I've smoked CBD strains making my anxiety worse. There are plenty of strains that have a moderate to high THC content. A good indica with some nice sedating effects help wonders.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Almost any high Sativa strain will do this, that is why I tend to stay away from these strains as I to suffer from anxiety.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Im finding that a hybrid with high cbd low thc helps me relax and sleep. There are people who use it for PTSD

• Like Like x 1
  18. I guess I am not alone! Sativas make me edgy. Problem is finding strains low in Sativa content (Hybrids). I go for most OGs, Kushes etc. Good luck with it...Anxiety sucks!

Back in the day, we had no choices...you smoked what you got! Then there were occasional hash drops...Like Nepalanese Temple Balls!:) Today's Concentrates seem even stronger.

19. I HIGHLY recommend avb for anxiety.i woke up today and almost threw up because my anxiety was so bad.i took a couple droppers full of a concentrated avb tincture i made and now i feel fine.im not high at all ( although i do see that in my near future lol).i should probably add that i vape my material until its pretty dark, leaving less thc in it than most people.this also depletes the cbd so you have to concentrate it alot after but boy does it work! I used to have a horrible problem with pills i was prescribed for my anxiety.they always caused me to get way too intoxicated and as a result my life was falling apart.the avb tincture saved me and now ive been pill free for 3 years.

20. #20 cochiseg, Jun 16, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
    i think vaping golden brown abv might compensate if you cant find strains that have less thc more cdb (plus some one else can enjoy the thc in it,).

But make sure the abv is uniformly light brown not too golden (half baked on this chart) and fine ground because some time you could find thc inside the pieces if its not ground really fine. when the color is more the one of halfvaped, i guess it might still have green inside and maybe 30-60% of the original thc content or degraded thc maybe not sure if it passes through other forms after decarb or during vaping.

vaped.png

also try at least three .1 load in the vape or one or two quarter gram loads for a baseline then lower dose if too many effects are felt