need help with a mini fridge project

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by SoFla.drummer, Jun 8, 2007.

1. ok so im a complete noob when it comes to growing. i do actually know that i need at least a 100w light (im only planning on one plant) and decent air circuation. could anyone help me out with the details for a small cabinet grow box? i'm planning on using a mini fridge (23" height, 18" width, 18" length) and growing with soil. if anyone has experience using a mini fridge, or has plans or anything thatd be great

2. Micro grows are fun....however ONLY if you pick the right strain. For a fridge grow you're lookin at low riders or master low's. Anything bigger and even with one plant it'll need 3-4ft when flowering.

Plant/harvest will be tiny though not only because of the grow area but the pot you'll be using. A good sized pot for awesome harvest is a 5gal bucket...you'll be running cups so the root ball will be small = plant small = harvest small.

Good luck!!

3. thanks man, i had no idea about what strain to use

4. Right on... btw, Master Low's autoflower meaning you can run them with 24hrs of light (no 12hr dark period) and they will bud right up as though they were having the dark period.

Up side: Quicker/larger harvest due to 24hrs of light.
    Down side: Can't clone them.

5. I just finish growing lowryder 2. Its still autoflowering. I germinated all 10 seeds, i had 4 normal plants 2 male 2 female, and then i had 5 runts and one that did not germinate. Out of the runts 2 were female they yielded a little over a grams each and i have yet to smoke them although they look really chrystally. Out of the 2 females i grew only one has a decent smoke and decent yield, the other plant is ok, but does not rock you. The one that turned out the best has a nice head high, very cerebral. I harvested at about 8.5 weeks from germination abut 8 weeks from sprouted, they recommend 6 weeks for harvest. Most of my head are clear with a bit of cloudyness, very little amber, i like i nice head buzz, all that is around to purchase is sleeper shit.

My personal opinion on your set up you have two choice, get lowryder seeds of the net. grow all ten keep the fastest and tallest females you have and in your space at most i would have two. Start them out in cups, your initial growth will be slowed by the small container though.
    The other option witch i recommend for you is either obtain a cutting from some one you know or turn the fridge into a mother chamber for a clone and get another fridge for your flowering plant. Really what you should do is keep your minifirdge go find a cheap used fridge(working or not) that has the freezer on top and the fridge below. Turn the top part into a mother/veg chamber you could go hydro to maximize yield. Keep the mothers in soil. Than have a rumbermaid tub bubbler sytem in the bottom with a scrog setup.

If your looking to be self sufficient take option 2, if you just want to smoke something you grew but are too lazy to water plants take option 1.

Just so you know i grew in a space 3 times+ yours and only yielded 1/2 at most of the lowryder. Growing in soil indoors in difficult, also you will struggle with heat issues in a fridge, invest in a cool tube and an overpowerfull dayton blower. Trust me heat is a bitch it will ruin your crop everytime. Dial your room before you start you grow as well, have it run atleast 1 week monitor tempature, etc. work out the problems before you plant stress at the early stages is the worst thing for a mj plant.
    Take this advice, i wish i would have before my first grow i had so many problems and i built the grow room while starting the plants, moved them in there for the first time and they almost died 30mins later.

6. thanks a lot man u just told me pretty much everything i wanted to know!:smoke: