Need help with a diagnosis

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by wyldesolos, Feb 24, 2020.

1. Need help figuring out what is going on with this plant. Yellow spots and yellowing of leaf tips. Also some leaves are curling under.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. yep looks like a potassium deficiency check out Progrouk post ^^ mac

• Like Like x 3
  3. Really :/ .. and in what I assume a couple week old sprout in its first pot :s.
    I wouldn’t put al your eggs into the potassium basket..

What have you done up till now with watering and feeding etc. What medium is she in?
    How old?

first thing I see wrong are Those dry edges, you need to be watering the whole container.

maybe a root problem :/

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Yeah its just a few weeks old. I don't water every day. Just when the top inch or so is dry. I was watering until I saw some drainage at the bottom but thought maybe it was too much water so I pulled back a bit on that. Didn't help. It's just a miracle grow moisture control potting mix. I have another plant in the same soil that seems to be doing fine.

I have had the LED light sitting pretty close. You think it could be light burn?

5. Also my runoff tests around 6.5

6. more likely. Back the light off and see how she goes the next few days.

The top inch or so is always dry.. you don’t over water by giving too much in one go you do it by watering too frequent. Don’t be scared and saturate the whole container.

• Like Like x 2
  7. you know @wEADhEAD1 i think your right i never blew the picture up ,looks very different to potassium deficiency i was thinking myself the plant was a bit young to show potassium deficiency,,mac,

• Like Like x 1