need help w/ exhausting my portable AC!

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by awkwardstoner, May 20, 2010.

1. ok, so the window kit that came with my portable AC is not long enough for my tall window, leaving a 6 inch gap at the top.

I have already went to home depot, sears, different appliance stores around town looking for an extension for the window kit, but not one of those stores carried any kind of portable AC accessories.

so then my options were:

purchase the kit online - tried that, couldnt find the manufacturers OEM kit (Amcor AC unit, which is supposedly owned by american comfort, who claims they dont carry parts for amcor ACs...) but found similar looking window exhaust kits made for different ACs. I dont feel comfortable taking the risk of ordering it online just to find out its not compatible with my model, and then have to pay return shipping/nonsense.

my second option was to just seal that 6 inch gap at the top somehow. This is where I could use some ideas. My idea was just to get some foam insulation material, and duct tape it (it comes in strips) together and then over the gap.

what do you all think?

2. Vacuum hose duct taped to the AC hose or dryer ducting duct taped to the AC hose. That's what I would try first. :)

3. I would just get a large sheet or styrofoam from home depot...it's gerenally green or pink in color. Then cut the foam to the size of the opening of your window, and cut a hole the size of the AC exhaust hose. A little duct tape around the outside of the foam to seal it in the window, and you're done, and only spent a few $.