Need help trying to reform UK laws (PLEASE READ IF YOU LIVE IN THE UK)

Discussion in 'General' started by Pun Intended, Apr 4, 2013.

1. #1 Pun Intended, Apr 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2013
    Because I have a tendency to babble on when I write shit like this I'm going to try to be as brief as possible....

Basically back story, I was busted like 2 years ago with a joint and was given a reprimand because I was only 17. I was told it was just a slap on the wrist, that it would go away in five years etc etc etc.

What I've come to learn is that it is in fact not a fucking slap on the wrist but more like a kick in the cunt. This shit gives you what is known as a 'spent record', which means that if I try to apply for a job with vulnerable people or where peoples livelihood is my responsibility (doctor, teacher, lawyer, accountant etc) they do what's known as an Enhanced CRB, and that shit will come up.

Now, I understand I did wrong, broke a law, deserve it if I'm stupid enough to get caught or whatever, but here is THE TWIST!!

The prohibition system in sunny cunting England is so fucked up. If you are over 18 and caught with a small amount of cannabis you get something called a 'Cannabis Warning', which is literally NOTHING, probably comparable to a parking ticket with no effect at all on your future prospects. If you get caught a SECOND time as an adult, you get an on the spot fine, but still jack shit on your record. The THIRD FUCKING TIME you get caught you get a 'Caution', which is basically the adult equivalent of a Reprimand, held in entirely the same regard which comes up on those enhanced CRB scans.

Now here is my fucking problem.

As a child, the first two chances are completely missed out. You're under 17 and get busted with weed? You jump straight over the warning and fine and get bitchslapped with a children's Caution (Reprimand) which is essentially a criminal fucking record.

NEED I HIGHLIGHT THE ABSURDITY OF THIS SITUATION?

Surely the actions of a child should be less harshly punished than that of an adult? Had I been six months older when I got caught, I would have been given a WARNING, nothing more nothing fucking less. But SHIT, I get chastised for being too young for a pardon. :rolleyes:

This is a broken loophole which needs to be FIXED. I was talking to my dad today and he said it would probably be a good project for my free time to try to sort this out. Now, my question Grasscity, is how the fuck do I go about changing this?? I'm willing to write as many pissy letters and phone as many crooked MP's as I have to to get this shit changed. More importantly (for me I guess), do you think if I made my case somewhere I'd be able to get my Reprimand expunged and instead changed to a cannabis warning???

If you read this far, thank you very fuckin' much, any and all help is appreciated more than you can imagine.

TL;DR - The British prohibition system is broken (as prohibition inherently is), but especially so to under 18's. If you're over 18 and get caught with weed, there's a loophole which gives you a much lighter punishment than kids, who actually get criminal records on their first offence. I'm trying to get this changed, firstly because I've been a victim of this, but also because punishing kids (who are obviously going to do dumb shit) worse than adults is absolutely insane. The only problem is I don't really know where to start so please give me ideas guys.

2. 244 views and no replies, how embarrassing

3. I hate when stoners only want to start changing shit when they get busted.

4. Really? That's fucked...I got caught with a very small amount, probably no more than a gram, when I was 16. They just took it off me and nothing happened. No caution or anything.

Some police are willing to just take it off you if your a youngster, I guess others may be dicks though. I must've gotten extremely lucky.

5. i hate pissy snide motherfuckers, but this isn't an 'i hate thread' so that's neither here nor there.

6. Your fucking title is 'Rapist' so I hate you.

To even joke like that is fucking sick.

7. omg this thread has turned into a hate parade and thus it shall continue

just so you know, your hate sustains me.

8. p.s *you're

9. You are fucking title?

lolno

10. #10 Stoned342, Apr 4, 2013
    well by the time you actually get one of those professional jobs mentioned you would have passed the 5 year time period of it being on your record? seeing as you'd need at least a degree to be in with a chance of getting on of those jobs.

Also i've never heard of anyone being affected by cannabis cautions or strikes. I know some stoners who work in some of these professions too :s

11. the five year thing is bollocks, they've changed the system so it comes up now. have your stoner mates actually been caught and charges before then?

12. Oh right my bad then. I'm not sure if they've been caught before for weed but I know one of them had a record for a 'theft' when it was anything but a theft lol they must have crb'd him and to be honest i'd be more worried about a potential thief than a teenage stoner lol

it sucks though over here with cannabis laws. Even though it seems like no one really cares nothing actually changing.

13. for real man. thanks for the info. so what is it he does exactly? was he well qualified beforehand and has it stopped him getting promoted?

14. [quote name='"Pun Intended"']

p.s *you're[/quote]

Gotta love when people try and correct grammar mistakes and make an ass of themselves lol.

So whats your plan to reform the law? What pulls do you have in uk politics? I just think threads where people ask others to help them change the law is just plain dumb, signing an online petition wont do shit, and just sitting on your computer making a thread on grasscity wont accomplish anything either as you can probably see

15. posts like this are the reason i have stopped trolling. people are just too dumb to even be trolled. it's like i'm trolling myself.

16. also, to answer the second bit, i didn't have a clue where to start, so i came to a place where activists congregate. why would you even waste your time just posting to discourage me? i know weed can turn some people into assholes but damn why are they all coming to my thread

17. #17 kancastank, Apr 4, 2013
    [quote name='"Pun Intended"']

posts like this are the reason i have stopped trolling. people are just too dumb to even be trolled. it's like i'm trolling myself.[/quote]

Youre on the fucking internet, sarcasm is kinda hard to pick up on if you havent noticed. I also doubt you were joking and was just trying to take your stupid comment back, nice try

And im Not trying to discourage you, good for you for wanting to change the law, but im being realistic. If the stoners on grasscity had a magical answer to marijuana reform, dont you think we would have done something already? Unless you yourself are getting into politics and were looking for people to back you up on here, i have no clue how posting a thread on grasscity will help you in your quest in any way

18. I don't know how old you are. But I'm 23 I got cought with an 8th back when it was a class C ages n ages ago I might have been 14 mabye 15, absolutely nothing. Nothing happened. They might have wrote my name down on their handy notebook that's it.

I got cought last year smoking a joint in a car park. Nothing, apart from the bobbie saying he put a drug mark on my car. Which he didn't.. He was lying, no caution no nothing.

I've never heard of getting a mark on your name potentially jeaprodising (spelt wrong) your future noticeable by crb because of SMOKING weed. Lots of people I know have been caught smoking a reefer and nothing at all, my mate did however get cought with 8 plants and was given an on the spot caution in his kitchen. Didn't even have to go to police station

It doesn't show on crb however he is obligated to tell any employer if they ask of any involvement with drugs. But what's the chances of them asking.

You knew the risk, your pissed cos you got caught. Your making a big deal out of nothing. I've got mates who have been to prison and they get jobs. JOBS THEY WANT.

Like the other lad said, you only want to change the law cos you got caught prior to that I bet you didn't give two fucks. Which is probs why you got caught.

On the other hand. In my opinion it all boils down to the bobbie. If you get caught with half oz your gonna end up at the police station and they'll want to know where you got that much from and probably search your house, but you'll still walk away with at least a warning. These three warnings your on about is bollocks mate.
    But one thing I do know is different regions/counties do practice different ways of prosecuting people. I think in Soho they have a verbal warning on the street to anyone smoking weed. Before that it would have been a pretend caution, police station, questioning, go home no harm done apart from a waste of time. They do different trials in different areas all the time mabye you got unlucky fact is: tough shit

19. In fact! I was walking home with a mate we was sharing a joint, we had just put it out. We got pulled up cos there were robberies or something in that area. He smelt the weed we got searched the roach was on the floor

We got searches mate had coke he then had to go to police station he got a caution for that and his house searched because of the coke not the weed.

And same with that crb he only has to mention if they ask.

You probably dropped on a dick head bobbie who was very angry and wanted to bend you over, and screwed you for a bit a weed. Round here they just aren't that bothered about weed...

20. Very true..I'm in Glasgow and I'm sure London is similar. Police just have more important issues to deal with than some guy and an 1/8th. Of course if they catch someone with a decent amount they're going to want to know where you got it from so they can find the dealer.

If they spent their time booking young people for weed, they wouldn't get anything else done. I think most police in larger cities realise this.