Need Help. Totally Lost With Dwc

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Grade A, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Ok so i have 1 soil grow under my belt and was looking to do a 4 plant dwc next. I'm totally lost on exactly what I need and feel like my local hydro stores will rob me blind if I ask them so I've come here. I was looking into getting this set up http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=161409161442

I was wondering If I got that what else Is missing. I know I would need nutrients. I have a ph pen but I will need a ppm pen. But other than that I'm lost. Just looking for some help. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum
    Not sure why this posted twice. My app seems to be messed up

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. IMO I would buy the 7 gallon buckets and lids separately and get a bigger air pump maybe 35 watt

3. U need a high output commercial pump and tubs for 4 plants and high quality stones....

4. It'll cost under 200 bucks for a real setup

5. get 4-6inch netpots instead of the 10inch, you'll just be wasting money on hydoton in unused spaceas the roots won't occupy much of that space

6. Google Rootspa buckets. Then make yours modeled off of them. All you need are the completed buckets, a 4 site air pump, and the air lines. You don't even need stones.

Do sure get at least 5 gallon buckets. Displacement turns them into 3 gallons by time you add net pots and have huge roots.

Dwc is crazy simple. 200$? I dunno about that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. I'm sure this is a big controversy but. I contacted a general hydroponics rep and was told that their stones are not good for DWC the smaller bubbles causes the nutrients to break up. The hose in the water weighted down should be sufficient.

8. Just like the Rootspa buckets or any others following the water level/air hose mount outside the bucket

Sent from my SM-G900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app