Need help to identify serious problem

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by shabamboo42, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Hello all,

I am a first time grower who has encountered a serious issue with one of my plants. I am having an issue with the leaves on a 2 month old plant, still in veg as waiting to resolve issue before making the switch. Tried comparing them to charts but couldn’t quite find a match. So far have tried a flush and ph up/down to no avail. This has been ongoing for about 2 weeks now. Was hoping someone with experience could point me in the right direction.

Some background:
    plant has been fed using Flora Nova grow. Watering every 2 days depending on how dry coco medium is with. Watering method of 3 with nutrients and one with pH neutral water. Using LED grow light about 18cm away from plant canopy, as per manufactures guidelines. Average temp during day was 75f/25c.
    My other plant in same area showing no signs of the same symptoms. IMG_20200728_130525.jpg IMG_20200728_130543.jpg IMG_20200728_130601.jpg IMG_20200728_130609.jpg

2. what is PH neutral>? 7.0?

you need to be down at like 5.5-5.8ish.

correct your PH problem

whats the TDS of your nutrient?

3. You're treating your coco like soil........that's a problem. Coco is drain to waste hydroponics.
    Coco should be fed daily to substantial run off with a pH around 6.0.
    Never plain water and never let it dry.

Good luck and welcome to GC.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

4. Soil is still around 7.0pH but i will need to bring this down as per your recommendations.

The TDS of nutrient 6-700.

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated.

5. you said your growing in COCO now your saying your growing in SOIL?

which one is it?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Letting the coco go dry will not help but i will reduce the nutrient content with daily feeding and gradually increase if i notice the plant improving.

Thanks for the welcome and reply, much appreciated.

7. Its coco, slip of the tongue.

8. I wouldn’t increase the nutrient levels, just the frequency of watering. As Mick said basically a hydro system. I used to run coco and IIRC I was around 500ppm but had water on a timer and hit them 2-3 times a day until slight run off occurred. It’s partly for the nutrition but also for the amount of oxygen it pumps down into the root zone.:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2

9. Coco is hydroponics.

you sound like you think growing in coco is like growing in soil and its not.

best of luck

10. You misunderstood me.........I said to not let the coco get dry.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Yeah i did get that and will increase the watering so as to not let the Coco go dry. TBH i am doing this manually and fresh mixing every time. Speaking with others that have a hydro setup they recommend it as better control and less hassle.

12. I need to invest in a hydro setup. cheers!

13. Hydro is the way forward - balls to this this mixing and watering every day. This has been where i have gone wrong and will definitely increase the watering frequency with lower a nutrient content.

Work smarter not harder . Thanks for all the help!

• Agree Agree x 1