Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

*need Help* Surprise Drug Test Scare

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BADAD, May 2, 2014.

1. #1 BADAD, May 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2014
    So I have a somewhat long back story so if you want you can just scroll down and find the final question at the end.  Anyways I'm 15 and I smoke on almost a daily basis.  My dad is pro pot and we share the same bongs, pipes, lighters, grinders and any weed buy we put in the "Community Stash", but on the other side my mom is anti pot but she knows she can't change my dad so she picks up for him sometimes and she is extremely against me smoking.  She has been threatening to take home a test on a random day for some time now.  Recently I had went to the doctor's for a testicular torsion and they needed to take a urine sample for that.  They had me take another one the week after and two weeks later my mom tells me that they need me to take a 24 hour urine sample.  During those 24 hours she kept asking me if I was "scared to pee" and she said it in almost a mocking tone. Then she also told me doctors also test these for traces of drugs.  The day after I finished the 24 hour, she asked me if I had been doing any other drugs, which I had been doing but not until after the test, because she said they would show up too.  I'm pretty sure she is trying to use a scare tactic to make me tell her that I still smoke or do other drugs.  

Questions
    )1 Can doctor's use 24 hour urine samples to drug test you without warning you?

)2 If they did drug test me would me only using the middle stream for urine collection help me pass?

)3 Do you think she arranged this behind my back? 

)4 Should I just come through and tell her that I smoke and that it's safe? If so how and when?

PS My mom is very close minded to the point that she thinks, the blood in my urine is because I smoke, That the brownies she caught me with may have been cut with other drugs to "get me hooked," that Cigarettes are safer than weed and that her driving to another state and waiting in a sketched out parking lot for a pick up with police patrolling is safer than just having it delivered to our house by a dealer.  

Thanks

2. #2 Exhazer, May 2, 2014
    Tell your move to prove it to you with up to date information on that cigs are safer then pot. and if she can some how be right which she wont then youll take a drug test ;) lol you know youll win.....and when shes find out that its not true maybe she will open her mind up a little bit....My mom was the same exact way and after i moved to colorado i straight up told her i got my medical license and its legal..she didnt even know it was legal for medical use at that time in colorado lol. eventualy she believe me and just says dont bring it around her house....Alot of people out there still dont know this whole pot legalization thing is going on....

If your dad smokes does your mom know your dad does? maybe your dad will back you up a little? My dad didnt want me smoking it but he didnt take my stash it was just between me and him when my dad caught me.

3. Ya my mom knows he smokes, like I said she know she can't change him so she picks up for him sometimes and ya he backs me up.  They have a lot of unrelated marriage problems and my dad said that if she tests me "that would be the last straw" and "if she does that I'll move somewhere else with you" which I'm pretty sure means, Drug Test = Divorce  

4. #4 Exhazer, May 2, 2014
    she needs to be re educated about it i feel thats the only way...i dont know if your time is short on this. but maybe your dad can help you buy something off the internet. or a shop in town. Fake piss works for employment jobs...i dont know if your mom will go as far as smelling it lol cause the stuff ive used is orderless

5. Well I've already taken the 24 hour which may or may not be a drug test and I smoke a lot on the day I was taking it because I didn't think my mom would do something like that

6. Youre 15 , first off you will be kicked off those forum by a mod by morning and secondly YOURE FIFTEEN stop smoking and wait

7. I know I'll get banned or kicked or whatever but I need to advice on this ASAP so 

8. Make sure your priorities are in order. Are you an A student? Are you headed to college? What kind of productive stuff do you do in your free time? Maybe she has reason to worry if your acting like a thug? Is your dad a productive member of society? Drugs at 15 typically lead you down a pretty bad path. Not always, but in most cases, and take it from me, a smoking mom, that the grades you make and the company you keep says a lot about you and as closed minded as she is, she's still your mom and when your 18 and not living in her home, you can do whatever the hell you choose.

9. Your mom probably really cares about you and is worried as fuck since you are not only smoking weed daily at 15, but just admitted to doing other drugs. Quit acting like she's being so irrational and closed-minded. You're 15.

10. And what is up with your dad and you having a community stash at 15? Not trying to be a dick, but I'm pretty sure that falls under bad parenting, as much as it seems like awesome parenting to you at the moment.

11. Agreed. Parents are to parent. Their not put here to be one of your friends. Part of being a good parent is being a good hypocrite.

12. So.... what is the question?

If this is a checkup for your testical torsion then they aren't testing you for THC. However, she could have also scheduled a pre-employement type urinalysis. In this situation I would highly suggest BOMBING IT. Yes, I mean literally messing with the test by either putting a few drops of bleach or mixing water into your piss cup. When you show up ask the Nurse what the test is for... In fact, you have every right to decline to take a piss test if you want (unless you're on probation). I wouldn't suggest it though as it could get you in trouble with your parents.

Honestly, best thing to do would be to tell your father (first) that you want to quit smoking for a while and then tell your mother. 15 is a young age to be smoking large amounts... You should be running, studying, working out, hitting on babes, and playing sports at this age. I'm 21 now and I wish I wouldn't had messed with weed in high school.

13. True that i kinda wish i didnt always come to high school high. And waited. Got to lazy but also didnt know how to appreciate the plant at the time if you know what i mean

Sent from my EVO using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Yeah bro I understand completely. The thing is: you're 6 years younger than me and still in high school.. if I was a sophomore right now I'd do so much stuff different!!!

You don't want to be branded as a pot head your entire high school career make your decisions now... Be the kid who matured. Thing is: you don't have to quit completely. Take a break and work on yourself for the summer... play football or something

15. #15 Exhazer, May 2, 2014
    Lol. Seriously?

I was being serious wasnt being smart towards you

Sent from my EVO using Grasscity Forum mobile app

It's not amusing from where I'm coming from. I was suppose to play football at a D2 institution. I let bad things and bad people lure me away from hard work and real friends.

17. I am an honer role student, most likely headed to college.  Not exactly acting "like a thug".  Most days all i do is finsh homework, playing xbox and talking on skype

18. I play football and again, I have good grades and such

19. Keep it up then. Just don't have *that* image we talked about.