Need help starting my first grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by frenchfries, Jun 14, 2011.

1. #1 frenchfries, Jun 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2011
    Hey GC, i need some help starting my first indoor micro grow.heres the stuff i have
    -oraganic choice miracle gro
    -oraganic miracle gro all purpose plant n vegtable food
    -oraganic miracle gro bone meal
    -some horse manure mixed with water
    -a heavy duty tube CFL light
    Im a beginer at growing i have some seeds starting in pot outside then i was going to transfer them inside. Im not sure if i have the right nutrients. Also how big does the box have to be? I have a heavy duty floresant light i was from where my dad worked the light is in acrilic tube for protection will that matter. I didnt choose that oraganic stuff i just found it in my garage will it still work.
    Thanks for reading any other advoce or tips would help to.

2. How big do you want the plants to be? Depending on how big you want them to be will help you determine how big you want your box. Having an indoor grow you can flower anytime you want. How many Watts is the light? You're probably going to need more. You'll need 100watts for the first plant and 50watts for each additional plant

3. Its only a 20 watt does the light have to be CFL

4. #4 greenbudguy, Jun 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    No but you're going to need a lot more light then just that. You'll need about 400watts or so

5. 400w seems like alot its going to be in a small box or a pc

6. How many plants?

7. 1 possibly 2 if i find a box big enough

8. O then like 100+ would be good. Paint the inside flat white to help reflect light around and you can use a little less. I suggest growing one at a time. Are they fem seeds or bagseed?

9. i would recommend at least a 100 watts for each plant you plan on growing bro.

10. They are just bagseed i have a 100w light bulb will that. work or will it be to hot

11. Yeah more is better

12. What about the soil and nutrients i have is that ok i also have some sphagnam peat moss.

13. I haven't used MG for bud but I liked using that for other things I've grown. I know I've heard some good things about the organic line so I'd say you should be okay. Just watch the amount you put

14. the MG soil will probably be good with nutes for a couple of weeks. When you start using the miracle grow plant food i would dilute it fairly well. The MG plant food Ive always seen has an NPK of 20-20-20 which is pretty high for a young plant.

15. Yeah use like 1/2 strength for a while then go to 3/4 and maybe go to full after a while

16. What aboit the manure is that any good for nutes

17. #17 greenbudguy, Jun 15, 2011
    Yeah I've read about people using composted manure instead of soil. Just don't use too much and keep an eye on your Ph and NPK levels. Test the runoff every couple weeks or so. Just keep an eye on it

18. Will pool strips work to check ph and what are NPK levels

19. #19 greenbudguy, Jun 15, 2011
    I have no idea but I'm guessing they might. I've used aquarium water test strips and it worked. Try it and see what it says. Couldn't hurt haha. NPK is Nitrogen, Phosphorus, and Potassium. Those are some of the elements needed to grow a plant. During veg, you want a higher nitrogen level. When you flower, you'll want phosphorus and potassium levels to be higher than nitrogen levels. You can get soil test kits for about $4 at most hardware stores or nurseries. I found a Ph test that is a single use but only costs a dollar each at a nursery. They have some cool stuff sometimes

20. All i have is bone meal and plant food tjat contains all three not sure how i will be able to have a higher dosage than the other