Need Help Starting My First Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by twave33, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Hey guys. I was just wondering the best way to get my seeds to develop into plants? I put 3 seeds in a plastic bag with a paper towel and water and let that sit in a very sunny spot. Any idea how long that needs to stay there? Also I put 2 seeds in about a 10 inch by 10 inch pot and watered them nice and put them about .5 or an inch down at the most. How often do I need to water them and how long should I expect it to be for them to flower? Also any fertilizer needed this early or any other ways to get these seeds to start growing??

2. Anything At All Guys????

3. Firstly everything you need is here already, and you should just have read any of the BLATANTLY OBVIOUS stickied threads, telling you all you need to know. I'll tell you all the same, because I have nothing better to do, and I'm nice.

Firstly, you put your seeds in wet paper in a baggie to germinate them; this means for the root to come out of the seed. This may take anywhere between 24 hours to about 4 days.
    Once it has, you need to plant them in normal potting soil without added nutrients (as they will kill your plants) and in seperate pots. It sounds as if the two seeds you already planted are in the same pot, if so you need to move them into their own pots as soon as you can.
    Plants in the same pot end up fighting for root space and this can severely affect growth.

Good Luck.

4. Ok thanks. Yeah my internet was out and I had read the stickies but I have read them now and thanks. Anyways its almost winter and is it too late to start them even though I live in Florida?

5. 1. Start with good seeds
    2. 1 Cup of water and place seeds into cup of water.
    3. Let seeds set for 12 hours(most seeds will sink)
    4. Find a nice thick style paper towel get it damp almost wet.
    5. Fold the paper towel 2 times and place seeds in between the top layer.
    6. Place paper towel into plastic sandwich baggie(one w/o a zipper)
    7. Keep in a slightly warm area (I like to put mine on the VCR, warm but not hot)
    7. Every 24 hours check to see if seeds have started to show a small root.(also check dampness of paper towel)
    8. Once root has started place seedling into growing medium.

6. Its too late to start growing them. Get new seeds and start around march of next year.

7. Too late to start an outdoor grow. You could make an indoor grow room/cupboard if you are desperate to see some growth. Otherwise, wait till the early Spring.