Need Help Sexing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by what is high, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Hi Guys,
    I have been looking through all the guides and forums on sexing, but im still not sure if im looking at the right parts or making the correct determination on sex so i was hoping someone around here could help me out. The first plant that i have pictures of I believe is a male. It appears to me that it has balls. The second one I think at least has female flowers, but i can not tell if it is pure female or if it is hermie. Also does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do with the plants if they are male or hermie? Are they still usable? Any input would be great!

I put the pictures up on a different thread before I realized that they probably should have gone here so the link to the pictures is here: http://forum.grasscity.com/grow-room-design-setup/576423-cabinet-grow.html#post7300927

2. Hermie plants in my opinion are almost better than male plants when sexing, fact of the matter is that hermie plants dont carry the male genetics, thus when you sex a female and hermie, you will ONLY get female or hermie seeds, no males.

Males usually finish right after the females, but should still be able to get the pollen on the pitols, then they'll sex, and pop out seeds.

3. Well, one of your plants is a male for sure. It's hard to tell, but your other plant might be a hermie too :(

Males have little to no THC. All they are good for is pollinating your plants so unless you plan on breeding, get that male out the growspace.

Hermies can also pollinate your plants, so I would suggest getting rid of it too. The seeds from a hermie plant will most likely grow up to be hermies too, so I don't see a good reason to keep them.

That sucks for ya man, looks like your growspace is pretty legit and I can tell you worked hard on it.

4. Keep in mind that mj plants have 10 sets of chromosones, one per parent. If your female is not an XX female, it is posible that it will go male/or hermie due to stress or something of the sort, just an FYI. Hope that helps a little.

5. Thanks for the quick responses guys. Thats kind of disappointing news but I had a feeling that would happen. It was bagseed and I switched grow spaces halfway through the veg cycle which caused a 10 degree temp change, so that probably stressed them out. And thanks akhans I did do a lot of work on my space, if its worth doin its worth doin right

Grasscity Deals Near You