Need help setting up ventilation.

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by weedphrase420, Feb 15, 2013.

1. I'm planning on building a grow room/cabinet (it's a room but growing in a 6x2 area) and I need help setting up my ventilation. I made a model in sketchup to show you how I'm going to lay everything out. The room will be ~6'x5'x6' but the growing area will only be 6'x2' split into two 2'x3' compartments. The two compartments will most likely be sealed with doors, and separated by plywood.

The hole in the top left will be my only fresh air intake (the size can be adjusted, I just made it 6in in the model), which will come from a return vent in my living room so the air will be about 65-70F all the time. The room will be in my basement so in the winter it will be cold down there. I already have a 6in, 240cfm inline fan which will be attached to a carbon filter for exhaust. I was planning on having a passive intake but I'm not so sure that would work now.

So can anybody come up with some good ideas on how to set this all up? My two main concerns are being able to provide enough fresh air to both areas and keep the temps from my 400w hps down.

Attached Files:

2. that looks great, I feel you would definitely need an intake fan aswel as an exhaust seeing as you have all that ducting to go through. ducting adds so much load on fans. the intakes are best positioned at the bottom and exhausts at the tops seeing as hot air rises