Need help setting up the IDEAL hydro

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by glaxxy, Oct 3, 2007.

1. I have seeds on the way for my first EVER grow. I want to do hydro because I have no weed at all and I heard hydro is faster.

Growing one of each:

- Kalichakra
    - White Widow
    - California Orange

Bubble Bucket OR this thing I've been hearing about? http://www.hydroponics.net/i/132683 The pots look small though. Any experiences?

Lighting: I learned that MH for Veg. and HPS for flowering produce best results. Anyone try a bit of both? Info on lighting would be great.

Nutrients: I don't even know where to start on this one so I need all I can get on this too.

Monitoring: Please link me to where I can get a light timer cheap, any other tool I need for monitoring nutrients besides PH and temp., please let me know.

Closet will be covered w/ mylar. I think that just about covers it all ...looking forward to your replies.

2. if this is your first grow i would try and stay away from bubble buckets. also go with clones for your first grow its a bit easier and no worry for males

3. I'm very confident I can handle jhydro for my first grow. But I would need a plant first to clone LOL.

4. some folks live in areas or have hook ups that make it easy to buy or trade for clones or even have them given to them. no reason why growing from clone means you have to have grown the mother yourself...