Need help setting up the best SCROG/SOG set up

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by oneBAKEDmuffin1, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Hello Grasscity people! Ive recently decided to put aside all hope of getting a normal job working for the man on payroll, and decided to quit throwing away money on buying my meds. Because it dawned on me, I CAN LEGALLY GROW/SELL CANNABIS, and its my passion and my only option to start making money. I have a few questions for all the seasond growers out there. I have a minor hydroponic grow set-up using a little deep water culture with a couple plants under a little 2ft T5. Ive been growing little set-ups for a couple years now, and would say i have more than basic knowledge of growing and cultivating. BUT... Its time for me to expand and grow more plants. Now ive been researching and reading up all about this everywhere and not satisfied with my relults. I understand the general concept of SCROG/SOG growing. But what i dont understand is what METHOD of hydroponics thats best used with the SCROG/SOG method. Example- Theres deep water culture tubs, bubbler systems, drip systems, aeroponics, pvc piping hydroponics and everything else im forgetting! But im not sure which is the best and most efficient way to go. Im working with a space about 2.5'X 2.5'X 6'. Correct me if im wrong, but if my math is correct i should have 15sq ft to work with. And from what ive read with a good SCROG/SOG method you can have up to 9 clones per square foot. Is that correct? if not, what would a correct number be. But if that is right, that i can cram 9 little children into a 1sqft area, that means i can potentially grow 135 clones in that little space? HOW would something like that be accomplished IF its even possible? Basically before i type way too much nonsense thats irrelevant let me say this; my goal is to grow as many clones/plants at a time as i can, while having big yields in very little time. I want to have two spaces going at once so i can Veg however many plants in one, and flower however many in the other. And in SOG/SCROG ive read that its possible to yeild up to an ounce per sqft and crop every 2 months. So ill leave it at that and see what you guys have to say. Thanks guys!

2. You may be able to fit 9 clones in a 1 sq ft space when you first buy them but your plants should have around 1-2 sq ft each. And i assume that 2.5 x 2.5 x 6 would be 2.5 ft wide and deep and 6ft tall? Depending on strain/conditions etc your plants will probably stay around 2-4 ft tall. Sounds to me like a 1-4 plant operation which would easily increase once you have a full veg and flower room.

3. The space im looking at to use is in a grow tent at the demesions mentioned above, and looking for ways to grow SOG/SCROG method. Which is taking your baby clone children and instead of vegging, flowering em when they are still babies. Which would mean they would only be small, nowhere near 2-4ft. Im thinkin only 6-7" give or take.

4. SOG and SCROG are two completely different methods of growing.SOG relies on many small plants to form individual cola plants while SCROG trains a smaller number of plants to form many colas from each plant(using a screen to train branches)