Need help setting up Medical Marijuana grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mklahr, Dec 27, 2010.

1. So I am a medical marijuana patient currently and next month I turn 21. This means that I can apply to become a caregiver. I can grow 6 plants per patient (a plant being a plant that is over 12" or flowering) so I can have an unlimited number of clones. I would eventually like to grow 20 ounces a month...I realize that is unrealistic so I want to start at 10-15 ounces a month. I have a spare bedroom that I can use to grow, and I currently have a 3'x3'x5' grow tent, and a 2'x3'x5' grow tent. Right now I have a 250w HPS light and a 100W cfl light. I have the CFL in the clone tent and the 250 in the flowering tent. it seems to be working well on my three plants I have in there. I plan on doing a SOG with many small plants so that I can do a weekly harvest. Any ideas on the setup for this? I would prefer not to have a 1000w HPS because of the heat but I guess if that is what I need then I will get it. Many thanks for the input.

2. #3 indic4, Dec 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2010
    You could always go for a 600W HPS instead of the 1000. HPS is the optimal light for the flowering period....don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

3. Well I realize that hps is not the only option but since I am looking for larger yields with smaller plants I figured that HPS would be the best route.

4. If your looking for large yields with any type of setup, go with HPS and go with the biggest one you can possibly fit in your grow space.