need help setting up a $5,000 room

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by wannablunt, Jul 1, 2012.

1. the area is going to be 20x24 total. gonna have 6x18 for starting seeds/cloning, 8x14 for vegitive growth and 10x14 for flower. gimme some ideas about what lights to buy, air filtration, what kind of soil mix and how to set it up. :confused: only done small closet/micro grows. thanks GC

2. you've only done micro grows? At least do a 4x4 tent first or something. Moving up to 20x24 is ALOT of work. And a lot of risk, federal pound you in the ass prison type risk.

I mean I don't know your confidence, but that's a lot of money to throw up

3. With only $5,000 you'll barely even be able to afford the lights to fill that space, let alone any other equipment. If you don't have any experience with using HID lighting you're going to be in over your head. If you are serious I would get an area big enough to at least do a 1,200-2,000w grow and see how you like it.

A/C, Dehumidifier, plenty of 1000w/600w setups, carbon filters/fans, not to mention the power bill and the time involved. I honestly don't think you could use that much space efficiently without spending at least $10,000. Do yourself a favor and cut that space in 1/2.

4. That's a big jump there. Why not start with a 4x4 like pure1 said or maybe a 4x8? Do some good research on what lights, fans, filters, etc you will be able to expand on. This way, you get a solid feel for a bigger grow, and since this seems a little much for a personal grow, you'd prob have some good $$$ after your first harvest to invest in your expansion.

5. I have over 8,000 in my 9x14 flower room. A/C, water chiller, dedicated meters, Co2, controlers, lights and so on. I did all of the plumbing, building and electrical work. This is my first grow and I thought 2 years of reserch and planning was good enough. Man was I wrong. Shit is way more indepth than I expected. I am just letting you know it is very expensive. I have close to a grand in nutes. If all you have is 5 to work with. I would definately go smaller to start.