Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Need help, sediment in tincture

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by cochrz47, Nov 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. So I left my tincture in a Pyrex dish overnight, I did this to evap some alcohol off as there was too much alcohol to thc. About 2 droperfuls in a cup of tea would get me stoned, now it’s been reduced to a quarter of what it was, I’m hoping half a dropperful will take me there.

So when I tipped the alcohol out there was a lot of sediments in the Pyrex dish, thought this stuff was important, so I scooped it up and put it back into the tincture, but now there’s one big ball of sediment sat in the tincture. Is this sediment useful? Does it contain thc, should I leave it in the tincture. What should I do?? Thanks for the help :bongin:

2. Most likely it's sediment that couldn't be filtered out.
    It's probably no more potent than the other sludge that was strained out.
    I toss mine.

3. Phew thank god, thought I did something wrong! Thanks for the help! Happy toking :love-m3j:

4. Wait! What proof of alcohol did you use? That makes a big difference. 190 proof will evaporate without issues but 151 will separate and needs an extra step for concentration. Is it sediment or black oil globs? :huh:

• Like Like x 1