NEED HELP. Running out of room!!!ADVICE NEEDED!!!! PICS INCLUDED!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by aguywitourettes, Jan 2, 2011.

1. ok so i am 14 days into flowering. And from what i've seen from other grow journals my plants seem to be a little behind. they also seem a bit taller and lanky-er than other plants. what do you thinK? will that effect my yeild? how much do you guys think i will get from these 2 plants?? also my light is at its peak in height. i cant raise it any higher and my plants are only like 3-4 inches from my 150WHPS! (picture below shows distance between my light and top of the plant with my thumb and index). Ive got about 6 more weeks of flowering before i harvest...... am i out of room in my closet space? how much taller will they get? im using 5 gal pots, fox farm soils and nutes all the way. (growbig, big bloom, tiger bloom). What should i do guys. i just wanna finish successfully, i konw i wont get that much yeild because i didnt train my plants in any way. alll natural. any advice is helpful.

Attached Files:

2. #2 Buzzin503, Jan 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2011
    LST is the way to go and what you should of done earlier..ur plants are more stretched out cuz how far the light was from them but yea dont raise ur light anymore and some good LST will do

great lookin plants tho

3. what is the best way to do that? use string? what should i be tying down? the top cola or what?

4. #5 phyking, Jan 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2011
    One word, Three sylabols

SUPPERCROP!@!@

You are at the perfect junctior in your plants life to suppercrop. It is easy to do and it strengthens your plant for the bigger buds to come! All you do, if you do not allready know, is pinch right under the colas, or upto 2-3 inches under the selected colas that are too coming close to the light, making sure that the stem itself does not break in any way(i.e. snap, bust or spread till the sides burst)

This form of LST bends your cola of coice at a 90* angle, while the stem becomes only bruised. The plant will naturaly bend itself back towards the light, while not depleting its growth at all, only having to repair the small inconvinience as our own bodys would.

So... instead of growing just straight up it will be shapped like a half pipe, giving you an extra 8 inches at most.

Hope this helps!

5. you can use string and tie it to the stem then to the rim of the pot or anywhere really so it has just the right bend but becareful not to fuck it up...you can also scrog which i think is much easier its just some time of screen like chicken wire thats cut to size and fitted over your plants to hold back the growth

6. I agree SUPERCROP that bitch hehehehhehehehehe!!!!!

7. i agree with the whole super cropping idea. also if you added more light that would slow/stop the upward growth, plus = more bud. (just throw a couple 27w cfl's in there)

8. I like topping and sometimes supercropping but not after buds form. 90% of your height is done after two weeks fter flipping so dont freek out. Keep your lights as close as you can and if you have to you can tie down taller branches but I would be very reluctant to supercrop at this point.

gl