Need help reviving my broken pipe

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by Mac Gregor, Apr 6, 2011.

1. What up GC, I need some input on a project I'm undertaking.
    I've been smoking a sweet little pipe for about six months and I just love the thing. Not only is it pocket sized and one of the best tokes I've ever toked, but you can smoke resin out of the thing for weeks. I was unfortunate enough to drop it directly on the sidewalk one day while I was walking. Only the mouthpiece is broken and the bowl is still fine so I'm hoping that with a little bit of ingenuity and elbow grease I'll be able to get it back in working order by 4/20. I'm thinking about filing down the broken part to a point where it'll toke again, and if that doesn't work, I'd make a wooden mouth piece and fit it into my pipe (kinda like a corncob pipe without the corncob). Any suggestions?

Here's a picture, sorry about the quality my phone has a terrible camera.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]I'm planning on filing down to where it's unbroken. thoughts?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. So it's just broken cleanly in two pieces, right?

In that case, glue the darn thing right back together! I'd try not to get glue on the inside too much, but if you had some superglue and were able to glue it mainly around the outside edge I think it would work pretty well.

The corn cob style mouthpice idea is pretty cool too :D You could make different attachments to go on it!

3. It broke into two big pieces and a bunch of little ones so gluing it is out of the question.

4. Buy a new one

5. Honestly this is what I would do. Broken glass is worthless and never hits like it did before. And it a bowl and it can be replaced somewhat cheaply

6. I'd say purchase a new one. I know it's tough losing a pipe you've bonded with but that doesn't mean you gotta throw it away! keep it in a shoe box in your closet, or display it on your desk, that's what I've done in the past. If you don't have the money to go out and get a new pipe, buy a cheap corn-cob pipe they're like 6 bucks at a cigar shop.

It's unfortunate, but it happens to everyone