Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Need Help Relaxing; Focusing on Heartrate :(

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Metaphyz1k, May 29, 2010.

1. So I've been toking for a few months now. When I first started, I would notice my muscles frequently twitching and an inability to stay still (this was all in an attempt, I found, to keep my mind off of my heart). Still to this day, I cannot seem to take my mind off of my heart which is beating very rapidly, and the feeling of it beating is of course intensified by the high and it just keeps me anxious. I want to be able to sit still and relax, but I can't because I always seem to need to be moving so I won't feel my racing heart. I'm thin enough that my heartbeat is visible through my shirt when it's racing, and I do tend to experience benign arrhythmia from time to time (when not high). I always fear when stoned that I'll have a heart attack or painful skipped beats. I can control my anxiety well enough to enjoy the high mostly, but I find I cannot reach those higher levels because my heart is too distracting. I have ADD and I've always had difficulty concentrating, so how can I take my mind off of my heart?

2. I have this happen too sometimes. It's usually when I smoke alot of dank tho. What quality of bud are you smoking? If I were you, I'd just smoke less because it seems like you are having a slight panic attack.

3. if you can see your heart thumping then you need to put on some muscle.

How much do you weigh?

4. It ranges. I haven't been getting from the same connect each time. I do notice that when I smoke less, it's easier to relax, but I don't get as deep into it as I'd like.

I'm 5'10" 145 lbs.

5. Try different strains. Even if you can't get legit named strains, every strain is still different.

You need to relax and get comfortable WAY before you even pack a bowl or anything.
    Here's some basics: find a comfortable place to sit in a SAFE location where you will not be interupted, have some water within reach(it's very important to stay hydrated during and after getting high and even before if possible), do not get high on an empty stomach- eating something before can keep your blood sugar level steady while preventing you from stuffing your face afterwards, don't smoke too much for your comfort level, remember that cannabis can not hurt you. And last but definitly not least, remember that it's ALL IN YOUR HEAD.

Being relaxed and in a good mood beforehand plays an important role in your experience, also staying hydrated and not having an empty stomach will help. I suggest you take just a few hits, wait 20-30 minutes, see how you feel, and go from there. From my experience, individuals with ADD/ADHD report good results from self medicatibg with cannabis.

It's also a good idea to have some chill mellow music playing to help you stay calm. And an increased heart rate is PERFECTLY NORMAL, DO NOT WORRY ABOUT YOUR HEART UNLESS YOU HAVE AN UNDERLYING HEART CONDITION.

6. You just answered your own question bro, just use less. Go SLOW and gradually work your way up as you get completly comfortable with the effects. Please remember that not every experience will be the same.

7. Thanks. I do tell myself that it's "all in my head" and that seems to clam me down. I also forgot to mention that I rarely drink or eat until much later. Perhaps I should do so earlier next time. I also try to relax myself before smoking, but I always seem to have slightly sweaty palms nonetheless. It's a nervous excitement like before riding a roller coaster or something.

8. #8 RepentYeNbelievethegospel, May 29, 2010
    Last edited: May 29, 2010
    No problem, I just hope you take my advice to heart.
    Like I said, just get comfortable with the effects over time and you won't be hesitant since you'll know roughly what to expect. Feel free to ask me any more questions. Good luck man

9. are we fucking clones?!?! dude im the same fucking way in everything you just said my mind is just blown right now!

all i can tell you is that try smoking in groups more often and get really involved in their conversations, this is what i do and it seems to help

(idk if you should do this but place your hand over where your heart is beating and it seems to beat slower but its actualy the same pace your high mind is thinking that its beating really fast and this is what i do to calm myself down)

10. don't listen to that dude^. don't worry about your heart, it'll beat faster. It happens to everyone who uses at one point or another.

11. hahahahaha i know this stoner that twitches really badly.. it's so cute xD