NEED HELP QUICK!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by myeden420, Aug 2, 2019.

1. hey guys so listen I got 5 plants in a tent I have a 6 in "tall boy" carbon filter and fan sucking the air out (I was told this size filter would be more than enough. So the filter fan sucks air out the tent and blows it out the window. it hasn't been a issue until recently. The past couple days standing on the deck (the window the air comes out is on 2nd floor right above the deck) I can start to smell it...now I went outside today and its getting worse the filter is new 1st grow and well I am around it all the time so my smell is a lil amune to it....my mother donesnt smoke but she said she has been smelling outside for a few days now she thought it was a skunk LOL I don't care about her smelling it but the neighbors could be a problem! ANY ADVICE would help. the only solution I see would be to get rid of a few of the plants to make the smell less apparent. I REALLY SDONT WANT TO KILL HALF OF MY BABIES! hoping someone here has a solution besides killing them!

2. Put your trash can over by them lol there are smelly plants/flowers?

3. Do you know the specs of your fan and filter?

A quick solution would be to take one of those blue bathroom smelly things you put in the cystern to clean the toilet (or the ones you pee on in a standing pee machine) and place it at the end of your pipe.

These things:
    [​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. I'm not familiar with that filter.

Is your fan is strong enough to create negative pressure on your tent (suck the walls in)?

What CFM is your fan rated for? What CFM is your carbon filter rated for? It's important that the CFM rating on your filter is about the same as or higher than the CFM rating on your fan. For example, my fan is 440 CFM. My filter is 400 CFM. I turn my fan down to the minimum speed on the dimmer switch that came with it, and I'm good to go. If your filter is significantly lower CFM than your fan, your fan will pull air through it faster than the carbon in the filter can remove the smell from the air.

No judgement, just asking a question -also, are you certain that no air is leaving the tent except through the path you created by taping and sealing your filter to the fan and then running the ducting from the fan out the exhaust port of the tent?

5. New filter I have can lite filter I purchased used still works 8 months later filter is 100 bucks or less new it small one and I have 4x4 tent as well works good only use the filter when plants in flower take it off when not needed
    Any original can filter is best it’s the brand mine is the smallest cheapest one they make u could try and repack the carbon if it possible some u can but it messy carbon make shit black I had a buddy who worked in the can filter factory told me he was blown black out his nose till Sunday after working all week

6. OK so going to get those toilet things in a minute hopefully that will help....Yeh everything is sealed and taped up. and yes deffinitly negative pressure the walls of the tent are "sucked in".....guys I am kinda new to this and don't want to mess up the explaination on everything so here are 2 links to the filter/fan combo and the tent I have maybe that will make a lil more sense than me trying to explain but the filter and fan came as a combo I would think they would match up
    fan/filter
    GrowBright 6" Tall Boy Inline Fan & Filter Combo | HTG Supply
    tent/kit i have
    LED Grow Light Kits - 4x4 Grow Tent Kit and Hydro Setup with LEDs | HTG Supply

GUYS THANK YOU SO MUCH! FOR THE QUICK RESPONSE I NEED TO GET THIS FIGURED OUT WITHIN ANOTHER DAY OR 2 IF IT GETS ANY WORSE I WILL HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO GET RID OF A COUPLE AND SEE IF THAT HELPS THE SMELL

7. +1 on the urinal cakes, that’s brilliant. Sorry op didn’t know it was asafp.
    Good luck ladies, put on some deodorant!!!

8. How many 'grows' on this filter?
    Do they last forever?
    If I had neighbors, I don't think I'd be happy with their smell of urinal cakes in my yard...
    but I'm just one guy.

9. rhino pro or carbo air ONLY ...can fan/LITE are absolute shite.. buy a new filter

10. ok I guess new filter it is.....I could care less if my neighbors don't like the smell of urinal cakes....much better than smelling this! lol