need help quick, temp to low at night!!!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by realdealz28, Nov 20, 2005.

1. so my 250 watt hps grow temps reach around 85 during the day and a whopping 65-60 right now at night? why i am runnig the heat on 74 constantly, the house doesn't have the best insulation but what do i need to do to get up to the 70s at night? thanks for all the help!

2. small space heater?

3. looks like that might be my only option!!

4. How is your grow setup? Box/room/etc?

5. switch ur lights so they are on at night and off durin the day, should bring up the temp a little

6. well, my grow room a small 5x3 closet with about 6 ft. i have the room exhaust for in and out. looks like that switching my lights so that they run at night could be the best thing i do but i am worried that i will mess up my growth. the plants are only about a 1 1/2 old with about 3 nodes each. If its not to late then i am going to try and switch up the lights...the problem is waiting on the right sources to notify me to switch. thanks guys

7. Switching your lights from being on during the day to being on at night shouldnt produce a big problem. Ive switched mine up a few times myself trying to figure out whats easiest for me to remember because I havent gotten around to buying myself a timer, and my plants have accomodated without any problems at all.

8. Bring in a small electrical heater. When temperature drops under 20 celsius you're plants are standing still and you loose that night.

9. Yep, yer going to need a little heater. Make sure it's not running all the time though! That will definately fuck everything up. If you can, it should still be a bit colder at night as that produces colorful bud!

10. well... after all this i decided to switch up the lights... the lights are now off during the day, after the first day of completely doing it worked successfully.

* if your dark cycle is at night and to cold...make ur dark cycle during the day! heat from light should do the trick

11. I would definately run the light from 7pm to 7am which should keep the room warm during the coldest part of the day. The dark period should be warmer since most of it will occur during daylight hours. As far as using a heater, I would be careful since most small electric heaters are rated between 1200 and 1500 watts. This coupled with your HPS lamp may end up tripping your circuit breaker. Most residential circuits for bedrooms are 15 amp and usually two rooms are on one breaker, so if your pulling 12 amps with your light and heater anything else on this same circuit could trip your breaker screwing up your lighting cycle.