Need help Question on lighting and heat

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by onlygradeA, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Ok was going to do in a closet in a room without A/C. The heat would have been a problem, so i'm going to get a window unit for the room. My question is can the closet door be open while the light is on? Or maybe opened slightly or the fan inside can circulate the air? What is the best way to fix this problem? How important is the fan?If the door MUST be shut what are my options?

2. Ventilation dissipates heat, makes your plants stems stronger, wisps away moisture, helps prevent mold. No venting asks for fail.

A AC in the room alone is not enough. Closets get hot from the build up of heat, and if you have no air exchange itll get hot.

Closer door can be open while the light is on. Can you drill any holes in the door for a fan

3. thx rhapsody, i was trying to avoid the holes in the door. If the door is ok to be open can i not keep the fan outside of the door blowing in?

4. All depends on what kind of lighteing your going to be using. HPS generates a mass amount of heat and in a closet it can work but only if you can deal with the heat. It can add 20 degrees or more of heat.

5. eeew i have ordered the lumatek 400w bassast and bulb, leaving the a/c and an blowing should be enough no?

6. Without a vent system and depending how big your closet is..probably not.

Easy way to see..set it all up before you start see what the temps are dick with it till you get the temp you want.

Cooling is all about air exchange. Cool air going in hot air going out. Closets tend to have zero ventaltion so heat does nothing but build up and up.

I used to have a 400w HPS and with no vent it was near 100 maybe a little over. With inline fans and such was about 82-85.

7. Closets, and sheds tend to be the worst growing spaces. Can be done but tend to be alot harder.

8. deep sigh, if still to hot then what sounds like it would be better to leave it out in the open in my bedroom, would that be abetter idea

9. hey rhap what about buying a tent and sticking it in my bedroom would that be a good idea

10. Yea thats what most of us do or in a round about way lol.