Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Need Help putting together an Essay.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by WeedBlowPills, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Hello GC, I come to all of you here for help, not just for my essay, but for pot smokers in general. This essay is going to my professor, and hopefully it will help with legalization. If it doesent, oh well, but i have to try to do my part. So what i need help with are topics, and information on those topics. GC will be in my bibliography of this report, if it is okay with the mods or not. Please, spare nothing, if you think its important to legalization, post it up. I dont care how long this essay takes, but its going to be amazing.

Thanks Everyone.

2. So what exactly do you need our help with

3. Topics to research on, some of mine are;
    What is Cannabis?
    History of Cannabis.
    Cannabis VS Tobacco/Ciggeretes.

4. #4 sikander, Mar 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2009
    You shouldn't be citing an online forum in a paper, especially if it's going to an actual college-level instructor.

Also, if you want to do something to help with legalization... write to your Congressman. Whatever class you're taking, I assure you, your instructor has probably read dozens of papers about marijuana already.

5. #5 Qful, Mar 24, 2009
    Keep me updated on this, I would be glad to help. I'd write an essay of my own were I not so lazy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Cannabis_resources
    http://www.erowid.org/plants/cannabis/cannabis.shtml

This anti-legalization article will give you some points to counter:

6. What is Cannabis? What i smoke
    History of Cannabis. I smoked it
    Cannabis VS Tobacco/Ciggeretes- weed+ tobacco-

7. I wrote a paper for my college class about the medical marijuana debate. Basically I used information I learned while watching a few documentaries (the ones on National Geographic and MSNBC) and what I already knew. I posted it up in my blog here, so you can take a look if you'd like. A few sources I found to back up what I said are included in the paper as well, that might help you out a bit. Naturally I just ask that you don't use my paper or something for yours, you know how it is.

8. #8 abilities, Mar 24, 2009
    write what you know.

but just to drop some knowledge, i cant pull up studies for you so thats shit you gotta digg for yourself, first of all you may want to watch some marijuana documentaries (the union among many others, there are great ones posted if you can find them buried among GC's threads) and pull facts from there. not the union, but another video that talked about "patient 0" and the like dozen patients that have been receiving marijuana directly from the government for medicinal purposes.

other things to bring up as far as tobacco vs marijuana; marijuana has no cancer causing compounds. the active ingredient in marijuana is THC and other cannabinoids, which have no cancer causing side affects. its only when mj is burned at a temperature of 396 that the four major carcinogens are released from the plant. if you talk about vaporizing marijuana that debunks any theory of how is less healthy than cigarettes, because that is absurd.

talk about how it is already legalized in 13 states and many are following. and that isnt just merely for their economy, its because its proven to have medicinal benefits. talk to granny and she can tell you, literally, anything concerning medical marijuana and its benefits.

another big point to hit on is about what its doing to our jails. there are people locked up that are being locked up through the peoples' taxes, that are doing jail time for merely possession. i believe 90% of people who were arrested for marijauana was merely possession and were non-violent offenders. we're throwing more money in the fire to keep people jailed for marijuana possessions more than we are for people who have been caught driving drunk (don't quote me).

also, talk about how much more damaging alcohol is, even how it can be addicting. marijuana is in no way addicting.

another thing i'd mention is how it is a schedule one substance, among heroin and other drugs. to be a schedule one substance it must be proven to have no medicinal value and has high potential to be addictive and be abused. marijuana is proven to have medicinal usage and is not addictve.

gateway drug theory is another thing people combat the herb with, but ive listened to people talk that down by saying that marijuana won't lead someone to try a harder drug anymore than ciggarrettes, alcohol or even a cup of coffee could.

bring up statistics and numbers of deaths that were directly related to substances such as alcohol and how not one person has ever died from a marijuana overdosage. its impossible, you would have to smoke your self to death which isnt even possible.

also talk about how it would bring money out of the mexican and cuban drug cartels and into revenue by taxing and regulating the distribution of it. it can allow the D.E.A. to stop going for the petty shit like the 19 year old kid whos growing his own bud to save money and go for the 30 year old whos been doing dope since vietnam and sells enough heroin to give kids overdoses. its safer than that prescription shit like oxycontin.

do some research, man. over the past years ive watched programs and remembered knowledge. just write up about everything you can think of. i probably gave you quite a few pages if you tack on some filler and research/statistics to everything i just listed. maybe even go for an (i believe it's called "ethos" approach) and go for their emotion and list numbers of deaths from overdoses on drugs in your state. cause weve had kids dropping like flies from H around here. then say that marijuana and it's active component Tetrahydracannabinol has never been attributed to a death or an overdosage. then get into explaining how that is because it has medicinal purposes and isn't harmless, but when used with moderation and care, it can be beneficial. also something i pulled from seeing a project these kids did (they posted their vid for school about driving after getting high) that it can be a mind altering substance, so it should be taken with caution like any other drug, even legal ones. its not like you can just get high as fuck and go driving and shit. some people who get high their first time are so new to the experience that they lose their coordination and lose their reaction time completely.

oh, and, remember history and how it repeats itself. prohibition of alcohol didn't work in the 20's. it jsut fueled the mob and untaxed, under-the-table/behind-closed-doors currency haha.