Need help proving my old man wrong lol

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by Grannys greens, Oct 24, 2019.

1. My hubby is an old school grower ... He always says I fed them , I watered them and I leave them alone ... Don't fuck with them . My 2nd grow I accidently ( lol) broke the very top off one . Go figure the topped one produced double the non topped one . I now have permission to top half of them . This time I went a little farther . I threw my mother plants in after topping , lollipoping ,and super cropping . He insists mother plants only produce popcorn buds . I disagree they look promising to me . I am looking for options to make sure I'm on the right track to prove him wrong again . Can't wait to see how my monster clones turn out ... first photo is my try at mainlining .. next photo is my an 47 mom . Lastly is my critical mass mom . They are week 2 in flower .Any advice to make it better would be greatly appreciated .

Attached Files:

2. I am using soil . I have 4 , 1000 leds . Using Holland's secret ,nutes . I also use a cal ,mag and a root booster . Also add h2o2 .

3. The only way a whole plant is producing popcorn buds is if they dont have enough light. I always top or fim my plants then lst so all the branches are the same height, this makes every branch get light like it was the main stem and they all grow big colas also you should pretty much always lollipop them a big canopy cuz the bottom will get no light. I like to train mine to about a week before I want to flower then when I lollipop them I get clones and in 7 to 10 days when I see new roots in the clone I flower the big plants. Hope that helps

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. one thing though i wouldnt use h2o2 in soil it could kill off the good micro organisms in your soil (read this once but not really too sure ) mac,

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Check out the no-till revisited thread or easy organic soil for beginners thread. I'd recommend mixing one of those if your gonna use soil and follow the 10 day watering schedule in the no till thread

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  6. 4 1000w lights say at a true wattage of 600w? each won't make popcorn buds, if at correct height,
    I'd keep a temp gauge close to the light as a test of how close you can get the lamp to the plants
    without any damage
    I'd avoid any strong chem in the soil...that will screw any grow,
    week 2-3 of flower is a good times to catchup on any screwups post veg

with your grow I'd be looking for tomato cages

good luck

7. Im not a pro. But one thing I know is that your right. My mothers alwais finish there life by going in flower. Lol and if she's healthy and not to old (I think...) she will give as much as any other plant... just don't keep to much branches. Good luck.

Sent from my KFKAWI using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Thanks for the input. .

9. Thanks for the advice

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. T
    thanks for the help

11. Mother plants will yield well especially if you do some good defoliating and training. Every time I flowered our a mom it always put on more than the others. Unless you have tiny little bonsai moms like I do now. I don’t want to take up space and if I could I would have a tissue culture set up.
    But if you have a big overgrown mom, that will put on some weight. You’ll get larf if you don’t prune strategically.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Thanks for the imput ... thats exactly what i thought .... lmao hes in denial ... the mothers are going to produce big time . Only a month til they are done .

13. Are they in 12/12 now? Even if they weren’t trained right and you got a bunch of larfy nugs a mom will produce a lot of material for hash / concentrate making

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. Yuppers they have been 12/12 for 3 weeks now .. I've topped, super cropped , lollipopped . I defoliiated once before flower and at 2 weeks in .

15. I will post new pictures when the lights come on ... not sure if i should defoliate again ,

16. Ak 47 mom day 28 ... she's looking good

Attached Files:

17. Odd that a single topping would cause a plant to produce double that of another. Something else was obviously going on. Different strain, different pheno, lighting, could be several other things.....something else was most definetly the difference. A single topping only turns 1 top into 2, an addition single top wouldnt cause plants that size to double in weight unless you were growing super small single cola plants

18. My girls are almost done . Day 43 in flower . Kicking ass and taking names lol

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  19. End result was over 2 ounces dry per trained plant ... on the right is one ak 47 trained . On the left is 2 ak 47 no traiing at all . The difference is huge ...

Attached Files: