Need Help, Problems With Seedling

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Jesse23, May 28, 2014.

1. So I've had my plants in a small greenhouse for the past 2 days and they were doing okay until today.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401312866.617891.jpg

As you can see the biggest leaves are really yellowish colored and wilted.

I was thinking this May be from lack of air circulation ? Because the greenhouse was closed. So I moved them outside. But the smaller seedling doesn't show any of the same issues.

Can anyone help? Thanks :)

2. The leaves look light burned, may be a heat issue. Those cups look small as hell. Id transplant the lil lady soon if I was you. :smoke:

What soil is that? Looks barky.

3. Question, did you spray them during the hottest part of the day? Whats the roof like in your green house.

The end of one leaf almost looks webby, like a tent caterpillar.

4. No I didn't spray them. And the roof is just a clear plastic type material.

And if you're talking about the leaf on the right it's because some bug made some holes in it about a week ago.

5. Yeah I'm really thinking it was heat. There was little to no air circulation and it gets pretty hot in there:

I'm using an organic seed starter and a bit if fox farm ocean Forrest.

And yeah I'll probably transplant that one this weekend.

Could you recommend to me what size pot to put it in?

6. I think this threads ran its course, as to say the answers above this post are pretty point on. Re-Pot/Re-Plant an you should be fine. When I read problem seedlings in the topic I had a horrible flash back to afew years ago when I had 180 seeds fail to even pop.

7. Try an keep some shade on them if the temp is really that high (if your keeping them outside. They need all the direct light they can get but if your having problems with heat try an limit it so they arnt gonna burn up.

8. 1gal or a 3gal, if your keeping them in pots you want to keep jumping till you have the. In a 5 just give them time in each to root the pot. You'll end up with a huge root ball by stepping them up in size slowly. If you don't wanna deal with all that tho just drop em in a five gallon bucket an let em be. Make sure you have good drainage regardless.

9. Thanks for the help.

And what was the problem that caused that many seedlings to not sprout??

10. Fox farm is a lil hot for some seedlings. Ive never had issues with it but some do. Id say a 3 gal pot if you want them smaller, 5 gallon if you like them big.

Consider lst, or low stress training when the time comes.

Read up on the various methods. I teach the process in my grow journals.

Go to page 3 of my sig and you will see how I accomplish incredible results.

Best o luck. :smoke:

11. I never found out, I took em an threw em out back after 5weeks of waiting for em to show. Just never did, I could guess age, ground temp, anything really, ph was off, what ever it was. It wasn't a controlled grow they came from a bag of nearly 350 a friend gave to me. I honestly think they were just dudes old bag seeds.