Need Help Please! Having low pH runoff issues.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by NCDROGRO, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Can someone please help me out I'm currently battling low pH runoff. I'm using FFOF, and have been pH'ing my water/nutes around 6.5-6.8 and keep getting constant pH runoffs at 6.0. I've read others having this issue with FFOF but this is the first time I've had this problem.

I am currently almost a week into flower, and am wondering if I get some powdered dolomite lime can I mix this with water to solve this issue?? If so how much should I use and do I have to pH my water (using distilled) before mixing in the dolomite lime? Or should I top feed with it and then water with pH adjusted water?

I'm confused here and my plants are showing def. brown/rust colored spots and believe this is due to the 6.0 pH and nutes are being locked out. If someone could please help me and let me know if this will work or if I'm right I'd really really appreciate it I'd like to get this solved ASAP, as they are in flowering & don't want to risk hermie's or poor yields.

Thank you in advance -NCDROGRO :)

2. I had this same issue, will be sticking around to see what people are doing to fix this.

3. You might want to try out the search function on this board ...
    But here's one for free ...
    Add Dolomite to your soil... Unless you are growing in a 5-gal bucket - in which case you might get away with pH UP

4. Yeah pretty sure I know how to use the search function and have done some looking around but I read different things ya know so I wanted to verify things. If you read my post above you can see where I mentioned using DL and it's to late to add to the soil there in flowering and 5ga. pots. I wasn't aware help costed around here but hey thanks for the freebie. :rolleyes:

5. Mix the Dolomite with the soil - it is time release due to structure of the rock.
    As to lateness - I dont think so - much harsher on the plant to have the low pH.

6. Get the lime, top dress with 1-2tbl/gallon of mix and water it in. Will take a couple of weeks to work.

Make sure it's powdered. The pellets will take ~3 months to kick in.

Next time, add the lime before you plant, mix it into your soil. "I" use 2tbl/gallon of mix or, 1cup/cf of mix.

Wet

7. Look into your tds if you are using tap water.