Need help Plants are not doing well Pictures INSIDE

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Yblaster2k, Dec 30, 2013.

1. #1 Yblaster2k, Dec 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2013
    Hello!

This is my second grow and I planted Royal Queen Northern Lights straight into the soil on Dec 3, 2013.  I'm using the popular organic soil mix from this website.  The soil has been sitting for a few months so it shouldn't be burning my plants.  I'm using a 400w Metal Halide for veg right now.  I have the light roughly 24 inches from the top of the plants with an exhaust fan in the ceiling and an oscillating fan on the plants.  The temperature fluctuates anywhere between 76F and 84F.  I've noticed that they are growing very slow (almost 4 weeks and they are only about 2-3 inches out of the soil).  I also noticed the last few days that one plant seems to be dying and it almost looks like heat stress or light stress but I'm not sure.  I've been watering it every 4 days or so, when the cups feel really light.  I'm using regular solo cups w/ slits on the sides (for easy transplant) and drainage in the bottom.  I just can't seem to fix these plants.  I tried raising the light about 6-8 inches but it made no difference.

Please help!

Here are some pictures

Plant 1  ( healthier of the two)
    [​IMG]

Both
    [​IMG]

Plant 2 (sick)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Both--- SAD picture :(

[​IMG]

Any and all advice would be much appreciated. thanks!

2. i am green as well so don't do anything until someone confirms, but if i were you i would transplant, maybe decrease your ballast, and lower your lights until you notice new growth, just make sure you can keep the area cool enough, here is a chart for optimal growth.http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/4411/1063932footcandlesmhdon.jpg the other thing you might want to do is increase your watering schedule? . keep a solo cup full of dry soil around so you can use in in reference to how heavy your cups with plants are. i believe with organics you aren't supposed to let the soil go completely dry but yet again i am not sure, i have yet to try organics but i am in the process of getting some soil cooked up, best regards and good luck

3. If you don't have them OUT of those cups by now your issue will worsen. If transplanted into fresh soil you'll see improvement, if not?