Need help planning 2' x 2.5' grow room

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by The Legend, Sep 3, 2008.

1. What's up GC, my friends have asked me to set up a grow room in a SMALL spare closet. I am an amateur grower with a few crops under my belt, but need help planning the simplest and most cost efficient 2' x 2.5' grow space possible.

I am having trouble thinking of how I will properly ventilate the room, and seek an experienced growers opinions.

Any tips, suggestions, plans, or ideas would be a great help!

2. How tall is the area? I mean a 2' x 2.5' x 8' area is kick ass for a 400w.... however, if you only have 4ft height then you're pretty much look'n at CFLs for a reasonable managed grow... otherwise you're gonna have all sorts of temp/humidity issues.

3. sorry klutter but you are wrong..... with proper ventalation a 400 can work in a 3' space.
    you have to have fresh air anyway, explain the area, whats close? attic right above?
    window close? no matter how you grow you will have to get fresh air in there so explain the area. Can you cut a hole up to the attic?

4. I took pictures and went to upload them on my macbook, which just fucking crashed less than five minutes ago so excuse me If I seem a little angry...

The space is about 8 ft tall, a very simple closest, hard to descirbe much more than an empty 2 x 2.5 x 8 closest...

5. This I gotta see... send me over some pics/links of people running a 400w in a box/area that is 2ft x 2.5ft x 3ft.... or fuck, just 3ft ceiling... Just can't see this working without a fuck'n tornado blower.

6. hey legend, does it have an attic above? is there anywhere close to run some duct?

No worries klutter..Ill show you... and no i dont have some huge fan...ill snap some shots in the am