Need help optimizing my system

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by sparx789, Oct 28, 2015.

1. #1 sparx789, Oct 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2015
    [​IMG]
    Hi All,

I could really use a spot of advice about my EC levels and my grow in general, I'm sure there are some gurus on here who can help me optimize a bit.

Strain is Barneys Farm Critical Kush

I've got one block of ladies in week 4 of bloom and another block in week 4 of veg. each block is under a 1000W custom led fixture on a mover in a 4ftx12ft room with an 8ft ceiling. they share common ventilation through a splitter but are sealed from one another so I can operate perpetually on an 8wk veg, 8wk flower cycle using clones taken at the start of week 6 of veg to put straight into the other room after harvest. each room has 21-24 plants and I super crop them hard right through veg and into week 2 of flower to make them bush out and cover the whole space with a thick canopy of tops, so it's not quite as dense as a SOG but doesn.t need a SCROG net as it's dense enough to hold its self up.
    I am using a vacuum pumped hempy pot type system that I kind of engineered as I went. basically it's just a bunch of 50 litre tubs with the drain lines all connected together and run to a wet-vac to allow me to quickly draw off the runoff for testing and to forcibly draw fresh air down through the medium (70coco/30perlite) to keep the root zone fresh.

I am feeding the veg period with Canadian Xpress Coco grow at EC0.8 in the first week up to EC1.6 in week 8 with the addition of Cannazym, silica Magic, neem oil, superthrive and regen-a-root for the first 2 weeks then dropping the canazym and regen a root for the remainder of veg.
    I drop the superthrive out at week 6 so it doesn't delay flowering.
    I am feeding the bloom period with Canadian Xpress Coco bloom at EC1.8 - EC2.0 right through from week 9 till harvest with the addition of regen-a-root, neem oil and silica magic plus a small handful of soluble potash each feed.

I feed Mondays and Thursdays so twice a week with about 20% runoff.
    I am always feeding at PH5.6-5.7 on Monday and PH5.8-6.1 on Thursday to get good absorption across the nutrient range. runoff is always PH5.9-6.2 (I have never had a hermie since I started sticking carefully to those ranges).

So there are a couple of things I'm worried about, firstly could my lighting be optimized by adding side lighting and static lighting at the ends? you can see that the plants at the ends of the room are suffering from getting less light than the ones in the middle which are massive by comparison. The mover is already maxed out with it's delay period. Would it be better to pull the lights to bits and make it into 3x300w or 400w static lights instead?

Secondly when I'm feeding in bloom at EC1.8-2.0 the runoff is at about EC1.0-1.2. in veg feeding at EC1.2 runoff is down to 0.6. should I be feeding more often or with higher EC levels? 2.0 is the max Canadian Xpress recommends.
    I'm not sure if my runoff PH is ok. the plants seem happy but if it's possible to do better I'm pretty keen to push it down somehow.

Any advice would be appreciated - might be a while till I get images attached, it's been a while since I posted and I can't remember how to do it.

Cheers
    Sparx

Edit: I can't figure out how to link my gallery photos into this post. sorry everyone. here's the link to the album.
    http://forum.grasscity.com/gallery/album/7506-plea...