Need help on when to harvest! Pics attached

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Venom2b2, Jul 18, 2017.

1. Self explanitory, based on te pictures can anyone give an estimate of how much longer I will be flowering, when should I harvest? 20170717_163159.jpg 20170717_162400.jpg

2. Generally, each strain has a predetermined flowering time in weeks. But the only way to know whether your plants are ready to pull is by using a jeweler's loupe to see the individual trichomes. You need at least 25% amber coloring overall in the trichomes before you pull the plant. More just means a more potent plant. We generally run a 10 week flower schedule here, but the jeweler's loupe or some other strong form of magnification is the only way to be able to look and see. They're not really expensive. You can pick a nice one up on Amazon or Ebay for under $20. But there is no way to know for sure by looking at them with the naked eye. TWW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. A guess based on pic? A month.

4. The only way to truly know is to continuously check your trichomes with a magnifying glass or a jeweler's loupe. When you begin seeing amber in your trichomes, your THC has achieved it's maximum maturation and is now degrading into a different chemical. I harvest at the first sign of amber, when all the rest are milky white. Some people wait for 30%+ amber. The more amber trichomes, the more "couch lock" you'll experience. The fewer and the more racey and heady the experience will be.