Need help on starting my first grow??

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by cheech22, Oct 4, 2009.

1. :confused: Trying to start my first grow discretely in my closet. I just want to grow one plant at a time to keep a stash for myself. I am going to use CFL's for lighting with a power strip to hang the lights over the plant with a small fan and some vents for circulation. Gonna line my box with an emergency blanket for reflective material to try and get the most of my CFL's. Im not sure what would be a good 'box' to use instead of building one myself. I want something approx. 36" tall x 18" wide x 24" long. Any cheap ideas for something I could pick up at a store to modify into a grow box? BTW, should I use a carbon filter for one plant? Any tips and ideas would help a lot, this is the main thing holding me back from starting my grow, thanks...:smoke:

2. Your on the right track. Im not very experienced but one thing I learned is that you can't necessarily grow just one plant. you have to grow a few until you know which are male and which are female.

As for the grow box, some random ideas i can throw out are buying a little dresser type thing, remove all the drawers but leave the fronts of the drawers on so it looks normal, I've seen a guy try to grow in a computer case but that doesnt seem like the best idea at all, but its creative. If i think of anymore ill post. Good luck:cool:

3. Have you considered a Rubbermaid setup? I have run across a few threads with some decent designs using 2 Rubbermaids stacked. It Would be pretty stealthy in a closet. It would give you room for 2-3 plants im sure. Also, I would have to agree with guidance51x, don't try just one plant, it will be a pain to be 1-1 1/2 months into your grow and Bam!! The chick has balls! You could also throw down on some 2x4's and pressboard and frame out a box to your needs. I personally think this is the best idea. Anyway, I'm not an expert but I thought I could throw in my 2cents. If I come across any info on anything I'll stop by and drop some links. Good Luck, Peace.

4. Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

5. File cabinet would be discrete. Why won't you just make one? See what you have lying around taking up space ;) I'm working on building one myself and plan on testing sheet rock GL

6. pretty sure a mini fridge is about those dimensions. Google stealth mini fridge scrog grow and you should find some pretty inspiring grows. Very discrete as well

7. Thanks guys. Going to my parents this weekend to see if they have a filing cabinet not in use, if not, I think I'm gonna try building one. If I use wood, is there any kind that I should avoid??