Need Help On Planning My Next Grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by LB_Reefer562, Jun 28, 2014.

1. The issue with my next grow is that I'm going to have a limited amount of time for it. From seed to harvest I will have 11 weeks and then a week after to dry and begin curing.

Since my time is limited, I was considering growing autoflowers for this. Is that a good idea or would it be recommended to grow photoperiod and do 12/12 from the start. I was thinking that 11 weeks still wasn't enough time for the photoperiod to go from seed to harvest, but I'd like to hear some experienced opinions. The other option too would be clones, however I'm not sure how available they will be in the area. Would clones be possible and veg them for a week to establish some roots after transplanting immediatly, then 10 weeks of 12/12 till harvest?

The next issue I have is how many plants to do. I have a 4x4 tent so I was either considering doing a SOG type grow and fit hopefully up to 16 3 gallon pots in there, 9 might end up being more realistic, or if a Scrog would be more ideal with about 6 plants? I have a feeling I won't have enough time to fill in the scrog, or if you can even use a scrog with autoflowers. Could really use some advice on this for the best yield possible.

As far strains I'd hope to have either 3 or 4 so I have some variety afterwards. Most likely ordering fem seeds from a seedbank. I will be growing in soil and my light set up would be a 125 watt 6400k cfl for seedlings, then swapping to a dimmable 600watt mh/hps. I have two lights to where I can do a 400 watt HPS and a 450 watt MH at the same time, is that optimal?

The final thought I had is that since seedbanks are expensive, would it be wise to order some nonfem seeds as well, hope for males and then pollinate so I have more seeds for future grows?

As you can see I need some guidance on which path to take, any advice would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks in advance.

2. Big lights ,Hydro clones is your best bet.

Your time constraint and soil, small lights. Chances of doing anything worthwhile is very slim.

Buy a bag of weed.

3. I'm definitely going to do some sort of grow, I enjoy doing it and to me nothing beats a bowl of some homegrown bud.

At the very least I'll do autoflowers because it seems most are around 70 days seed to harvest. I was thinking if I get 16 autoflowers I'd hopefully get at least 14 grams from each, therefore ending up with around 8 oz hypothetically. Is that unrealistic?

I thought I have decents lights for it too, a 600 watt dimmable mh/hps and a 400 watt hps is small?

4. I did 4 auto seedlings in 80 days under a 1,000 hydro and got a 1/4 pound. I was set up and growing other plants under the same light.

600W is great but if you are in a rush more is better.

If you pack them tight you can do 4 to 6 fem auto plants per 3 gallon pot and get a hell of a yield but set up takes time.

Why the rush?

5. I'm moving to college for a quarter then going on vacation right when it's over so that's the 12 week total time constraint.

How would you set up 4 autos in a 3 gallon? Just germinate them, then spread them out in parts of the pot? Would the roots be fighting over space then?
    Is a 3 gallon pot necessary for autos or would a smaller pot suffice and just do like 1 per gallon pot?

And I was thinking of putting the 600 watt on 75% for 450 watts with the MH and then also have the 400 watt hps going so I have a full spectrum of light with 850 watts.

Thanks for your input too.

6. So I think I've decided on doing 9 autoflowers in 3 gallon pots from start to finish in my 4x4 tent. I'm ordering fem seeds from a seedbank, and the genetics I'm getting say the growth is about 1 meter. I'm hoping to get around an oz from each plant, but theres only one way to find out.