Need help on hydroponic drip system!

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by IIIIIUMPIIIII, Dec 7, 2011.

1. If im using a drip system for veging and flowering my plants how long should I let it drip before I turn it off? Oh and I am getting ready for my first grow so any advice would be helpful. Thanks!!:)

2. Get yourself a timer and set it for 30 minutes on and 30 minutes off. I have been growing in drip buckets for some time now. I have found that this is the ideal timing. I hope this helps!
    Cheers

3. So are you saying that I should just leave it on the whole day and every 30 minutes turn it off for 30 minutes:confused:

4. Correct! 30 minutes on...then 30 minutes off.....then 30 minoutes on....then 30 minutes offf...and so on and so forth..

5. Thanks man! +rep

6. I have a drip system and its set to be on 50% of the time now but when they were starting out itseemed like they were getting too much water and the leaves were starting to curl so i gave mine 10 to 12 hour dry periods until the roots developed. This is my first grow too. Hope this helps

7. ...what kind of medium do you plan to use?

8. I think they are called just Hydroton Grow rocks just like the little brown rock/pellets.