Need help on growing

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Captain Cannabi, Mar 16, 2009.

1. I'm a VERY Noob grower, I tried last summer, only 2 plants survived, and one died, the other never made it past baby stage(two small leaves, and a thin stem) looked like corn when it first sprouts.
    I don't know any growers jargen, and I don't know how to tell the veg stage or male from female so I need to know how to keep them alive mainly and how to keep them alive until I can smoke the buds.
    So, I have 5 seeds, some are dark(brownish with tiny black spots) and some are light(light greenish) how do I go about planting them and keeping them alive until harvest time?
    I have plenty of sunshine and rain here(north eastern US)
    during the summer.
    and live in the middle of nowhere basically.
    I know a spot with fertile soil(dark soil) and these are my only seeds and last chance at growing.
    So please help an absolute newbie at this.

2. Maaaaaan yu gotta use the damn search button
    learn before you post
    kinda like think before you speak
    cuz this post is really asking us
    "how do I grow marijuana"
    maybe someone else will sum it down but go learn man
    I dont wanna neg rep you lol
    but seriously search before you post.

3. Good answer Bukley.

4. I already searched and looked up all the information, but none of it has the information I NEED.
    I already tried once, and they never made it past baby stage, I just need to know(planting it outdoors) how to keep it alive long enough to harvest, I don't need all those "minerals and chemicals and time cycles" I just need to know the basics, like regular gardens go by, how do I keep it alive and how do I ensure it will produce buds?

5. #5 patriofarmer, Mar 16, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2009

I want to learn how to count but don't need all those "numbers and crap"

You can't call yourself Captain with that effort.

6. okay, correct me if I'm wrong, but Cannabis is a PLANT right?
    So, as a PLANT it should GROW in the GROUND like any other PLANT does.
    So, If it is a plant, and a member of the wild kingdom of Plants, then if I put it in the ground and water it, logic tells me I should have a growing sprout, well I did, but they never made it past the "baby" stage, that is 2 small leaves and a thin stem.
    then the leaves turned yellow and shriveled up, the plant shortly after died.
    I just got done talking with another grower, and he told me my main problem was over watering and not enough sunlight, since these plants were planted in the edge of a forest, so too much shade.

Also, I call myself Captain because when it comes to bud, I know the strains, effects, breeds and the history behind it, something most tokers never knew.
    I am new to the Growing game however.
    :smoking::wave:

7. They also maybe died because ot the soil you used. Some cheap soil has bugs that kills baby mj. You only need 3-4 hours of sun in first month. Practice with bagseed to see if soil is ok before you grow many good seeds.

;)

8. #8 OldPork, Mar 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2009
    The baby stage is the crucial stage and if you make it past that stage you are 50% of the way there. Just look at my 2008 thread (link below) and see some of the extreme measures I take to protect my seedlings. Try to mimic what I did. Seedlings need no ferts, and water only when the solo cups dry out. Mostly you need to protect them and try to keep them safe. Oh and where you are I would not attempt to pop seeds outdoors until after May 1 at the earliest, unless you have a very sunny and warm spot.

9. lol. read the outdoor grow guide its the first thing you see on this page

10. Step 1: Open Your eyes,
    Step 2: Read the outdoor grow guide, I know its alot of information, but it goes in order from start to finish. You don't need to be even thinking about buds early on in a plants life. Thats bad karma and counting your chickens before your eggs hatch.
    Step 3: Work Hard, hard work = payout, if you dig and switch the soil you could end up not even having to water these babies for a solid month.

Now remember MJ is a plant, but farmers grow their plants specific ways to maximize yield, resiliency, potency, and flavor. You cant just plant MJ next to a whole mess of trees and think since trees grow their the MJ Should grow their too. Patience, Remember Overwatering kills MJ Just as much if not more than underwatering, so watch yourself. Telling me your seedlings died out young either means you used Miracle Gro potting soil, or you over watered them.

I feel Like i have typed to much for you to read already. And this isnt even half of what we have all put together on this site for you to go "discover".

11. OH MY GOD!!! You can't tell the difference between male and female plants???? What are you doing trying to grow bud? No wonder all your plants died! I'm not the outdoor growing expert, I know way more about indoor, but geez, dude.

I'm glad your freakin plants died, you don't deserve to have nice plants. You are the Captain because you know strains? Come on, surriously? Probably half the people in this forum know more than you do about the history of it. Knowing the different strains and effects isn't shi* if you can't grow the stuff.

Man, you do need fertilizers. How do you think you grow kind? Any idiot can google "history of weed" but the proof is in the pudding bro. You're just a n00b.

Don't give this punk any tips, he's the Cap, Right? he can figure it out. They are plants, right???? They do grow in the ground, right?????

12. Most likely my problem was overwatering, I'd water them every day...thinking that MJ needed vast amounts of water, I was dead wrong.
    secondly, I have read the guide, if I had gotten the kind of information I need from it, I wouldn't post this thread.
    I read it, but that guide does not give the information I need, like What month to plant for my area, how often to water, and how long they take to go from baby stage to resembling an actual pot plant.
    Those are the "basics" to me.

My biggest mistakes were planting them next to tall trees, the trees out shaded the plants, then I moved two of them, one died of shock, the other I think I over watered.

I know my soil is fertile though, one reason is it is Dark and worms live in it.
    the other is the soil I use came from a farm wher this stuff used to grow wild.

13. #13 Corto Malteze, Mar 16, 2009
    It does say to plant after last frosts. And it does say to plant in Spring and harvest in Fall, and also that female buds happen in August, male flowers in July. The height from baby stage to medium sized etc.. depends on many factors.

14. Finally, somebody puts a name to a month.
    That's all I'm looking for, not vague "spring" and "fall" I'm looking for actual specific months.
    It's march now, and the snow i starting to recede and mud season is on it's way, so from this point, when would be a good time to start them? and how long would I have to wait until harvest? I have a strict time frame too, since by April I don't even know if I'll be living here or not.
    So, start them in pots? then when they are big enough put them in the ground, with the pot? or just the whole plant in the ground?

15. Any idiot can google it huh? that what you did?
    I have spent my life studying the waldos studying the buds I get and studying the effects on me they have. I know more about buds than anyone in my area, even more than my dealer.
    Thats why I'm a cap.
    this is only my second time trying to grow, so excuse me for not being able to have a place to grow them until now.
    luckily for you, you live in an area good to grow, I live in the fucking North East USA, long ass winters and short ass summers.
    my grow window is very short so excuuuuuuse me.

You know, it's people like you, people who are rude to anyone who doesn't know as much about the subject as you, who further the stereotype that tokers are assholes.
    So thanks for making the stigma of weed go further.

16. you can start them however you wish. I once had a seed fall down my drain in my bathroom and it sprouted right up. End of April is your goal to get them planted. You can keep them in pots if you wish, or you can put them right in the ground. Check your weather forecast and plant them during a nice week so if any inclement weather approaches, they will be somewhat nestled. They should probably be about a foot tall.
    As for the male/female difference...when your plants enter the flowering stage, probably around july/august (depends), you will notice little hairs coming from nodes. If you see little balls, and NO HAIRS, rip that fucker right out of there.
    But, fertilizers are important. If you don't want to use them, you'll get eh, so so bud. If you want them nice and strong and healthy, at least use something! Depending on what you're growing, your plants will finish in mid fall. For a quality smoke, you should definitely inspect your trichomes. They should be somewhat clear, not completely, and possibly with a tint of amber at the top of the gland.
    and please don't forget to cure the bud and dry it properly. It should NOT be wet and extremely difficult to break up. Joints won't stay lit and everytime you load a bong, your hole will clog up and you won't be getting good hits.

Hope that helps.

17. aaand, I have never googled anything about weed. I have an extensive collection of books and magazine subscriptions, which are 1000 times more helpful than the internet.
    I'm having a bad day, so plz pardon the tude, I realized that forums are the 3rd most helpful resource and I should only be too glad to help you.

18. Things are often not as simple as we wish them to be;)

the more you know the better you gro

19. #19 Corto Malteze, Mar 16, 2009
    Hey man,

No offense but you could have just asked what month should I grow in my region with this strain? The guide I put together is from every one's knowledge here so... Anyway, don't start them near a tree, use the following soil guide for example (30 old compost, 20 worm castings, 30 perlite/vermiculite/peat -depending on how rainy it gets there in Summer and esp. in Fall-, 20-30 top soil you find when digging or nearby -loamy/humic if no compost in there-, 1/2 shovel composted horse manure, 1 cup blood meal, 1,5 cup bone meal at bottom). This soil won't burn them. I use the crate method when all guerilla (grow on elevated spot with samll pots/solo cups), repellants. Then put the plants in soil or in pots on floor (after 1 month). If there are some frosts where you are and you need to take them out -parents-, use a small greenhouse. The main things are stealth, secrecy and watering regularly and discretely (night).
    When to grow depends on how your spot is hidden. If you grow indicas start in mid May/june (not too early as they'll reach max height after 2-3 months (4-5 feet) and don't need a long veg. period. Big sized sativa phenos started in march april will get huge. So start them in June if your spot is not tall (and lst, fim). They'll still all bud in August. But early strains will finish earlier.

Ok?

20. Okay, I'm sorry for the outburst.
    I was going through a month long drought because of this damn weather.
    So I apologise as well bro.

Thanks for all the info and I will use it wisely.:smoking::wave: