need help om how calories are consumed

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by dezz, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Ok so I'm having trouble how calories are consume by the body. So here's the situation

Yesterday night around 6pm I ate like 3 slices of pizza and a 4oz of.coke. so later that night my friends calls me up because it was his bros birthday. We get there I chug down 3 coronas within like 30 minutes. After that I consume 4 mixed beverages with crown royal about. After that I ate like 2 hotdogs just the dogs no. Bun.

After that everything started spinning and I knew I had to barf, so I stick my fingers in my mouth and do the deed. After that I vometed like 2 more times

So my question is hoe many calories did I consume since I threw up. Like do the calories from alcohol that I consumed stayrd with me or how do they immediately get stored for energy?

2. There's no way to know an exact number.

Just try to do better from now on. Beer, pizza, soft drink, hot dogs.

You didn't do so well. Do better today and forget about it.

3. [quote name='"Runningw235"']There's no way to know an exact number.

Just try to do better from now on. Beer, pizza, soft drink, hot dogs.

You didn't do so well. Do better today and forget about it.[/quote]

NO I'M CURIOS how calories are consumed man

4. Well they aren't immediately broken down.

I don't know what you're trying to figure out.

5. Ok so I drank x amount of beers and i through up so, i was wondering if like my stomach was a holding tank and just burns off calories as i need them or are they immediately stored.

6. Everything gets broken down and allocated at different rates, and those rates are determined by many different internal and even external factors.

So, you're not going to get the cut and dry answer you want.

7. Probably about 167,453 thousands of calories.

8. I don't feel like creating a new thread for a question, so I also have a question regarding calories. Obviously not all calories are equal but what makes a calorie better than other calories? Why is a calorie 'empty'? Apologies if the answer is obvious.

9. [quote name='"dudeindistress3"']I don't feel like creating a new thread for a question, so I also have a question regarding calories. Obviously not all calories are equal but what makes a calorie better than other calories? Why is a calorie 'empty'? Apologies if the answer is obvious.[/quote]

Nutrient density.

140 calories from a can of Coke is nothing like 140 calories from some raspberries.

Likewise, 140 calories from a slice of white bread is nothing like 140 calories from a slice of whole wheat bread.

10. [quote name='"cookiecrisp"']

Nutrient density.

140 calories from a can of Coke is nothing like 140 calories from some raspberries.

Likewise, 140 calories from a slice of white bread is nothing like 140 calories from a slice of whole wheat bread.[/quote]

I had to google nutrient density but it lead me in the right direction. Thanks!

11. [quote name='"cookiecrisp"']

Nutrient density.

Likewise, 140 calories from a slice of white bread is nothing like 140 calories from a slice of whole wheat bread.[/quote]

I know this! My question is that if I drink a beer let's say 140 calories, would my body, intake those fluid calories and store them or would my stomach keep them as a holding tank.

12. [quote name='"dudeindistress3"']I don't feel like creating a new thread for a question, so I also have a question regarding calories. Obviously not all calories are equal but what makes a calorie better than other calories? Why is a calorie 'empty'? Apologies if the answer is obvious.[/quote]

Empty calories just means you only get calories no other nutriets such as vitamin and minerals in the food u consume. So let's say I consume an orange I get roughly 80 calories and some vitamin c and other nutrients versus a can a pop which is just purely synthethic sugar which is harder for the body to process and other artificial Shit.

13. Everything takes time to be broken down. Generally, a good estimate is about 3 hours for half of the contents of your stomach to move into your intestines. 5 hours for the total contents of your stomach to empty.

But, there are a variety of other factors to take into account. Insulin response (which would have spiked from the grain carbs in beer and the other shit you ate), glucagon release, cGMP elevation and cAMP inhibition, etc.

Nobody can tell you with any certainty how many calories you consumed because you threw up. Our bodies don't work like that.

14. [quote name='"cookiecrisp"']

Everything takes time to be broken down. Generally, a good estimate is about 3 hours for half of the contents of your stomach to move into your intestines. 5 hours for the total contents of your stomach to empty.

But, there are a variety of other factors to take into account. Insulin response (which would have spiked from the grain carbs in beer and the other shit you ate), glucagon release, cGMP elevation and cAMP inhibition, etc.

Nobody can tell you with any certainty how many calories you consumed because you threw up. Our bodies don't work like that.[/quote]

Yeah I'm not looking for a number just curios. If when I drink a beer will the calories be absorb right away but I guess we will never know.

15. There's really not much point in trying to figure out how many calories you consumed in one particular day. There's no point, and you'll never figure it out.

If you don't want to get fat, or you want to get muscular, or have any kind of fitness goal at all, it's all about habits, and behavior over long periods of time. One day makes no difference, one week makes no difference.

It's months and years of behavior you need to pay attention to and change, not worry about one day's worth of intake. That's not worth worrying about at all.

16. [quote name='"JuanRing"']There's really not much point in trying to figure out how many calories you consumed in one particular day. There's no point, and you'll never figure it out.

If you don't want to get fat, or you want to get muscular, or have any kind of fitness goal at all, it's all about habits, and behavior over long periods of time. One day makes no difference, one week makes no difference.

It's months and years of behavior you need to pay attention to and change, not worry about one day's worth of intake. That's not worth worrying about at all.[/quote]

Yeah I know this. I was just curious on if calories are stored in the body like after consuming in like a 30 minute window. Or is it just in the stomach until ur body is ready to Use them.

17. #17 JuanRing, Aug 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2012
    Well no nutrients are absorbed until the food passes into the intestines, so they get digested in the stomach, the paste is passed through into the intestines, and they absorb the nutrients and most of the water, and the rest is passed out as stool.

All a calorie is is a measurement of heat energy that your body produces with the food. A calorie is the amount of energy requires to heat 1 cubic cm of water 1 degree Celsius. A kcal, which is what people refer to as calories, is the amount of energy needed to heat a kilogram of water 1 degree celsius.

So calories are just a measurement of the energy you get from the food. It has nothing to do with the actual nutrition of the meal, in terms of what you get from it. It basically just means that your body can produce X amount of heat from that food.

So calories aren't really "stored" because they really aren't anything physical to begin with.

If you're talking about how the body stores the energy physically is it converts excess carbohydrates, and if necessary other molecules such as amino acids into glucose which is then converted into triglycerides which are stored as adipose tissue (fat on the body).

I'm not quite sure what you are trying to determine though. I hope the above information helps.