Need Help Need Help

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by kingkelly91, Dec 22, 2013.

1. These brown spots have popped up and have no idea what they could mean. anyone please Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. A little more information? Lighting, strain, days in cycle, nutrients, growing medium etc? Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3.      I would guess root rot with the info provided which is only that picture. Do you use soil if so make sure it has GREAT drainage..    Good luck

4. Its in mixed with 30% perlite600 watt HP'sTemps 70 at night and 80 in the day on averageFf big bloom and tiger bloom with molasses every other watering. And they get watered every other day.Except when I found this because the soil was still wet. But that was the first time that's ever happendSent from my Galaxy Nexus using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. 14 days in cycle cinex and blockheadSent from my Galaxy Nexus using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

6. Water pH and run off pH? That's the best way to diagnose possible nutrient problems as you can't always distinguish between deficiencies. What soil are you using?Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Ffof mixed with 30 % perlite my bad I miss typed earlier and left it out I have done the whole grow in it 3 gal pots and I have never pH run off and don't really pH my water it comes from the bull run and is like the purest shit around and great for growing says the local grow shop. But that being said I will give it shot tomorrow when I waterSent from my Galaxy Nexus using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Problem spreading please helpSent from my Galaxy Nexus using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

9. BumpSent from my Galaxy Nexus using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Looks and sounds like the plant isn't happy with the medium you're providing for it. It is sort of like going on a diet of just Red Bull and Mountain Dew, with a few spoons of sugar added.

Flush it well, let it recover from that, then start feeding it with something the plant actually needs, i.e. plant nutrients that have balanced ingredients (most if not all bloom products are simply not suitable, and cause an imbalance between elements, Google 'nutrient antagonism'.) and ingredients the plant can actually take up.

11. [quote name="Sativied" post="19222366" timestamp="1387901703"]Looks and sounds like the plant isn't happy with the medium you're providing for it. It is sort of like going on a diet of just Red Bull and Mountain Dew, with a few spoons of sugar added. Flush it well, let it recover from that, then start feeding it with something the plant actually needs, i.e. plant nutrients that have balanced ingredients (most if not all bloom products are simply not suitable, and cause an imbalance between elements, Google 'nutrient antagonism'.) and ingredients the plant can actually take up.[/quote] thanx I appreciate the input. Although there is three other plants same everything thriving with no issues. Could this one plant just be really finicky? Everything else looks good? What kind of nutes would you suggest as I thought fox farm was pretty widely used? And a good supplement.Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. #12 Sativied, Dec 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2013
    It's certainly possible, especially if you grow from seed, that one is much weaker than the rest. I usually got 1 of those myself.

The problem with supplements and additives is that they can quickly skew the balance, regardless of the brand. I don't have any recommendations for specific nutrients. Not suggesting to throw what you got away entirely either, but what you are experiencing looks like a typical/classic result of switching to bloom products, especially if you do it early in the cycle, or even use two bloom products ( and boosters and stimulators etc). Cannabis plants need less N during flowering than they do during veg, but bloom products often contain such high P and K ratios that there's little to no N left while it is an essential element of any plant nutrient. Not just because the plant needs it, but because it is essential for the uptake of other elements and maintaining a stable pH level. Which is even more important if you don't adjust and measure it (which isn't really needed on soil IF it contains a balanced mix of ingredients).

While there are growers who claim to notice benefits from using molasses, it remains a fact plants don't need it. If you really want to use it, I suggest to at least stop using it on that plant until a week or two before harvest.

If you got a pH meter, try the pour-through method (google for instructions :)) and compare it to the plants that are doing fine and you'll probably notice a good difference. Which doesn't mean you need to start adjusting the ph, the plant can regulate it but only in a healthy medium.

13. Great info thanx they only thing I could say is that they are clones from the same plant. And i also agree that the molasses isn't for the plant directly its for the soil it feeds the micro organisms some carbs help them break the nutes down into something usable.Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Grasscity Forum mobile app