Need Help! Might have to quit!

Discussion in 'General' started by bjs197, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Okay, so here goes nothing... Three times in the past week, after smoking weed I have become very ill. Very hard to breath, heart racing even though I'm just sitting on the couch, constant shaking, pain in my chest/heart, tingling throught my arms and legs. The first time it happened it was aweful and I called 911. I went to the ER yesterday for it and my x-rays and blood work turned out fine. I'm definetely taking a break for a couple weeks at least, because I have an echocardiogram scheduled for the 14th of Jan. They think I might have a problem with the valvles in my heart such as Mitral valve prolapse, whatever the fuck that is. Anyway, I know the weed wasn't laced, which people keep telling me it could've been though it def wasn't. PLease help with any ideas b/c I don't want to give up weed!

2. If you are having problems with your heart then I suggest you stop smoking until all the tests come back. The green speeds up your heart and for someone with a heart problem...that isn't good.

3. my friend kind of just stop for the same reason. he called 911 too...but when he went to the hospital the second time around the doctor told him that when he smoked the marijuana smoke would start his adrenaline up in his body and that why his heart was pumping really quick and my friend said his heart started hurting after a while. doctor said people could be smoking for years and it suddenly happens.. hope you get well though

4. Man, just get your shit in order. MJ ain't worth your life.:(

5. maybe the high blood pressure u get from trees affects your busted valve?

i'd wait until at least u get some testing, and if needed, treatment done until u smoke again

6. You may be having an alergic reaction. I suggest you stop smoking for at least ten days, drink lots of fluids and lots of vitamin c. Try taking one hit and waiting for the affects to set in, if you feel the negative affects again you may have to stop.

7. how long have u been smoking, bjs197?

if this is your first time smoking then it may be an allergic reaction

but if u have smoked before and got stoned without problem then the doctors' fears might be a reality

don't smoke until u know what's up with your heart!

8. Maybe the weed was laced.....jk.

9. I thought mj lowers your blood pressure, because it expands the veins. Thats why your eyes get so red when you smoke.

10. Your eyes get bloodshot because of your capillaries bursting from the pressure.

11. If they were bursting your eyes would go COMPLETELY red/pink, dude. Bloodshot just means they have expanded to the point of noticability.

12. Did you smoke the same pot both times?

Has this happened before [in any way, shape, or form]?

Have you smoked before?

13. your right. I had mis info. + 1 rep for callin' me out.